From: "Arne And" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications
Subject: Appz and what ports they use
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:34:04 +0100

Hello

I have several applications running on one of my Win2k server. And i get a
lot of errors in the event viewer. And one of the errors says that an
application that runs on that server, uses a spesific port that allso are
beeing used by the Domain Contorller.

So my question is.

Is there an program that can scan my computer to find out what ports are in
use and by witch application?

-regards

-aa
--

I personally use TCPView, from http://www.sysinternals.com, but I'm sure there are more utilities available. You may also
want to check out the article below for a list of ports used by the OS.

832017 - Port Requirements for the Microsoft Windows Server System
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];832017

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Arne And

Thanx ;)

AA