    initialize errors (0x800106ba) at boot up. Also, if I reinstall defender I
    get
    same error when installation tries to start defender up.

    Guest, Aug 4, 2006

    Hello derek,

    Have a look at this article. It may be relevant to your prºblem.

    This is a well documented issue which has been posted across, in particular,
    the Application Compactibilidad, General Discussion, Installation, Online
    Community, newsgrºups. There has also been some input from the MSFT guys
    regarding the issue. Using the search function type: 0x800106ba and you will
    see what I meªn

    Good luck

    Guest, Aug 4, 2006