Apple's gagging attempt

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Apple tried to gag a British family over an exploding iPod: Story here. I don't think that was the most sensible way to handle things, do you? :rolleyes:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's revolting if true!

I'm not the biggest fan of the way Apple conducts it's affairs at all. Annoyingly, I really like the iPhone so I own an Apply product - but I can't stand the way they operate. They rarely acknowledge problems (like this, but also past battery problems), they can be very very closed and mysterious when it comes to applications on the app store. Even when I plug my iPhone in to a non-apple dock a pop-up appears on the phone telling me that the sound quality is probably going to be rubbish as it's not an apple product! Even the iTunes software is a load of tosh... such a shame that the iPhone is brilliant in other respects ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If it is in its guarantee period then Apple have to pay up without conditions.

Me I'd be in touch with Watchdog and any media that would run the story as Apples response just shows that they value money and profit over decent business practice and peoples welfare.

happywave.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
That is disgraceful. They only wanted a refund and that's what they should get. If Apple had given a refund with no questions asked the whole story would have disappeared but now the whole world is likely to hear about it.

This story would certainly put me off buying any Apple products.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Very naughty of Apple..

I own an Ipod Nano and its a great product but I'm wondering where I'll be when the battery finally dies and I need a replacement..

I know Apple won't be interested unless I want to cough up more than the Nano is worth for a replacement battery..Looks like I will be doing a little home surgery on the Ipod when the time comes..

Leaves a nasty taste in the mouth though..:nod:

Reaction score
:rolleyes:
This kind of s*** just makes me laugh these days......Apple has cheek, i'll say that much. Imagine if that thing had blown up in the owners hand...doesn't bear thinking about.

They should sue them for compensation.

Zzzzz

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Apple have been squashing loads of them stories ... batteries again, bursting into flames.

:user:

Reaction score
Sad really, I remeber the battery thing...There again they are not the only ones who have had dodgy batteries...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Sad really, I remeber the battery thing...There again they are not the only ones who have had dodgy batteries...
The battery thing is now, & with the iPod ... seems they are winning in curbing complaints if you not read about it. ;)

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://boycottnovell.com/2009/08/03/gagging-truth-tellers/

"Microsoft has already fired an employee for daring to warn people about defective products that may cause death. Apple is doing something similar right now by attempting to gag witnesses of an iPod explosion. Nice move from Apple. That truly ought to resolve the problem of exploding iPods for good. If nobody hears about it, then no harm will be done (to Apple’s bottom line). This is not an isolated incident by the way. According to The Times, “Last week it emerged that Apple had tried to keep a number of cases where its iPod digital music players had started to smoke, burst into flames and even burned their owners, out of the public eye.”"

happywave.gif

Ask a Question