Anyone for a cuppa coffee?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Talk about research, all that was told to us in the past was nonsense or is it the other way around :confused:

A cup of coffee a day!

Sometimes I wonder how misguided we can be :mad:

If I had known before I would have not hesitated everytime I wanted to enjoy a cup of hot coffee ;)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Sorry Quad, mine's a good cuppa everytime - I don't drink coffee at all - never liked it but do love the smell of fresh coffee!!!

Gabs xx

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
How odd, I didn't think I would be hearing that anytime soon!

I'm not really a big drinker of tea or coffee (milk is my drink of choice ;) ), but my brother drinks coffee so strong it would make your hair curl - I'll pass on the good news!

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm always sceptical of these reports and surveys, if you look a little deeper there's usually a hidden agenda.

However, keeping tabs on 125,000 people over ten years should give some true indication, should it not?

I've never ever liked tea but since my teens have started the day with two cups of strong full-flavoured coffee. White or black, no sugar, thank you ;)

Which, somehow, always seems to surprise Americans, seeing as how I'm an Englishman ;)

Coffee in the morning makes me feel human, lol, and I've never suffered a hangover from a few cups of Costa Rica, so it must be good for me :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Yeah, an old friend of mine who was a Dr told me a long time ago to take all the waffle & scare tactics with a big pich of salt. She said that in most cases there's just as much research showing that the same thing is good for you as vice a versa. Apparently even chocolate is now good for you so long as it's dark chocolate. Unfortunately it's out of a book so I dont have a site link to back me up, but it stimulates the production of endorphines, boosts the metabolism etc etc, & because of it's high caffine content, has many of the same positive side effects that coffee does. I'm afraid I didn't pay too much attention as I don't like chocolate but I thought my partner... a total chocoholic... would be pleased. Turns out that he hates dark chocolate though & milk chocolate is still a no-no.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Baa! humbug to them all

I should be ok for another 20years then ... my average is 10 cups a day, reduced from around 20. :D

Went out yesterday for the usual Tuesday 'coffee' break with my sister & brother, I had my normal double shot espresso with a Latte chaser & chocolate fudge cake ... I'm a diabetic, and nobody is going to tell me one chocolate stodgy thick clam your mouth shut cake is off my menu. I aint dead yet. :p

:D

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Are you surprised?

Well isn't that a welcome, and unexpected surprise ....

Contradictory Evidence!:(

They told us all that coffee was bad for us, so I swapped to alcohol. That means I could have saved a small fortune on buying those little bottles of booze to keep hidden in my desk over the years! Bugger!

(Only kidding ...... I buy big bottles really!)

Now where did I put that old kettle?

Ask a Question