antivirus protection not detected

I have Nod32 antivirus System installed on the computer,security center does
not seem to detect it. Can I manually "make" the system find the program, or
do I have to find another antivirus program. (my operating system is Win XP,
SP2)
Thanks, M.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Check with their website and see if they have the appropriate updates to be
recognized by the Security Center.
You can not make the changes.

You can open Security Center and click "Change the way..." and disable the
message.
If that AV works for you, there may not be a need to switch just to have one
recognized by the Security Center.

"(e-mail address removed).(no spam)" <[email protected].(no
spam)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

[email protected].(no spam) said:
I have Nod32 antivirus System installed on the computer,security center does
not seem to detect it. Can I manually "make" the system find the program, or
do I have to find another antivirus program. (my operating system is Win XP,
SP2)
Thanks, M.

I also run NOD32 and every online security scan shows that their is no A/V
program installed.
ESET the makers of NOD32 are very diligent about program and virus updates,
If they decieded to not include an update that will be seen by the security
center then I would say this is by design,If Windows and/or online scanners
cannot find it then odds are neither will the virus and theirfore it won't be
able to shut down the realtime virus protection.
DO NOT get rid of the best anti-virus software on the market just because it
doesn't show in the(useless) security center!
If it cant be seen then that is a good thing,read some of the other posts
here or in the virus group and see just how many people who have McCrappy or
Norton that also has a virus that was able to shut it off.
Just my two cents worth.
http://www.nod32.com/support/support.htm

Richard Urban

Please don't tell people that less than useful information!

As of Aug 27th, 2004 they added support for Security Center. So, either you
have a defective install and have no active monitoring or you have no
antivirus and no active monitoring. Security center support means that it IS
picked up and indicated as such by the Security Center.

You better check your system.

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Richard Urban

Forgot this! Notice what it says about kernel!

August 27, 2004 - Program components version 2.12.1
a.. IMON
a.. HTTP scanning
b.. improved compatibility with HyperThreaded and multiprocessor
computers
c.. progress window when downloading longer files/e-mails
b.. AMON
a.. Advanced Heuristics for newly created files
c.. On-demand scanner
a.. option to turn Advanced Heuristics on/off
b.. added the possibility to use wildcards in the command-line
c.. added detection of potentially dangerous applications
(spyware, adware, dialer,...)
d.. DMON
a.. added Document MONitor, AV support for MS Office
e.. Kernel
a.. support for Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (Windows Security Center,
Data Execution Prevention on AMD64, etc.)

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)