anti virus spyware thingy wotsit

Reaction score
i have had norton on my pooter when i bought it, but took it off. This is because everything I did it gave me a warning.....it said my pooter was full of trojans and as sick as anything..but it wasn't cos i only had like 2 programs installed at that time. Is there an ativirus programs that just like runs in th background and does its job?

Thanks in advance

Emma xx

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Or for free and probably does just as good a job together:

Anti-Vir Virus protection.
SuperAntiSpyware For malware, trojans and the like.

Also free and worth having is Spybot Search & Destroy also for malware.

If you're one of those odd people who believe that only paid for software works well then by all means shell out for Kaspersky, it's good. And quite a few odd people reside here :D

Myself, I'd rather spend that money on a few beers.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I will just state my usual reminder that you can get Kaspersky for free if you use Barclay's internet banking. :thumb:

Reaction score
whisper said:
i have had norton on my pooter when i bought it, but took it off. This is because everything I did it gave me a warning.....it said my pooter was full of trojans and as sick as anything..but it wasn't cos i only had like 2 programs installed at that time. Is there an ativirus programs that just like runs in th background and does its job?

Thanks in advance

Emma xx

I recently bought Kaspersky and can recommend it. I wanted a product which would just do its job in an unobtrusive way and which is light on resources. Kaspersky is very good at doing this. You can get a 3 user licence from Aria for about £15, plus p&p.

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
Another vote for AntiVir here. I'd recommend SUPERAntiSpyware as well but I'd skip Spybot Search and Destroy and use MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware instead ;) .

The biggest thing you get from the paid programs is automatic updates or more frequent updates. Those things are very good of course, but i can live without them :nod: .

Ask a Question