answering machine/fax

Mike Brearley

What's the best software out there that acts as an answering machine and can
receive/send faxes?

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my

Mike Brearley

Jim Macklin

Hardware fax machine, a call detect switch and an answering
machine.

"Mike Brearley" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| What's the best software out there that acts as an
answering machine and can
| receive/send faxes?
|
| --
| Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar
mistakes, they
| were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being
synchronized or my
| lack of caffeine.
|
| Mike Brearley

Mike Brearley

hmm, did you see the part that said "software"? If I wanted a hardware
solution, I wouldn't have asked the question.

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
lack of caffeine.

Mike Brearley

Jim Macklin

Yes, I saw it, but I took the opportunity to recommend what
I think is a better solution.
Try Google for telephone/fax software.

wrote in message
| hmm, did you see the part that said "software"? If I
wanted a hardware
| solution, I wouldn't have asked the question.
|
| --
| Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar
mistakes, they
| were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being
synchronized or my
| lack of caffeine.
|
| Mike Brearley

in message
| | > Hardware fax machine, a call detect switch and an
answering
| > machine.
| >

| > --
| >

| > "Mike Brearley"
<[email protected]>
| > answering machine and can
| > | receive/send faxes?
| > |
| > | --
| > | Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or
grammar
| > mistakes, they
| > | were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being
| > synchronized or my
| > | lack of caffeine.
| > |
| > | Mike Brearley
| > |
| > |

Mike Brearley

I've searched and there are thousands (at least it seems) out there, that's
why I asked for opinions in this group. I didn't really want to
install/try/uninstall 10 or so trial programs before finding one that is
good.

Thanks for the input though...

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
lack of caffeine.

Mike Brearley

Jim Macklin

From what I've heard, none of them are great applications.
You might try calling your phone company's business services
office to see if they have any recommendations.

Look on www.techtv.com for your question, they have done
some testing and reported on this on two different shows The
Screensavers and Call For Help (recently cancelled, but the
archive should still be up.)

You might look at www.sourceforge.net to see if they have
some open source telephone programs. Also, look at
www.pcworld.com for reviews and downloads.

Good luck

wrote in message
| I've searched and there are thousands (at least it seems)
out there, that's
| why I asked for opinions in this group. I didn't really
want to
| install/try/uninstall 10 or so trial programs before
finding one that is
| good.
|
| Thanks for the input though...
|
| --
| Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar
mistakes, they
| were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being
synchronized or my
| lack of caffeine.
|
| Mike Brearley

in message
| | > Yes, I saw it, but I took the opportunity to recommend
what
| > I think is a better solution.
| > Try Google for telephone/fax software.
| >

| > --
| >

| > "Mike Brearley"
<[email protected]>
| > wanted a hardware
| > | solution, I wouldn't have asked the question.
| > |
| > | --
| > | Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or
grammar
| > mistakes, they
| > | were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being
| > synchronized or my
| > | lack of caffeine.
| > |
| > | Mike Brearley
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
| > answering

rights;
overcome.

| > <[email protected]>
| > | > |
| > grammar
being
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Bk St Crawler

Mike Brearley said:
What's the best software out there that acts as an answering machine and can
receive/send faxes?

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
lack of caffeine.

Mike Brearley

I've used Smith Micro's Hotfax Message Center for years with no problems.
Currently using it on 2 different XP machines, one with an internal modem
and the other with an external. I should add that the program has not been
updated in awhile, but it works great for me.

David