Anomalies

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm back again looking for some wisdom.
I have recently noticed a couple of things on my new laptop that are just a little more than concerning. A new icon arrived on the scene 2 days ago. Its a little green tv like icon and its called OSD version 1.17. When i run it it does nowt. It has no digital signature and offers no info at all. I'm half afraid to bin it or send it my security vault.I'm not sure what to do. Google didnt throw up anything useful either.
Also i was nosing around in my device manager and spotted an unknown device.This too has no info,except that its disabled at the moment.
Any ideas anyone
:bow: Zzzzz

Reaction score
A little more info.....in the device manager page it has a little blue tv with a black arrow on it pointing downwards.
In the details page it has a "This device is disabled. (Code 22)". It also says "Click Enable Device to enable this device."
it also says the devics type is a network adapter. Could it be my router its sensing??
It says on the details page that its property is hardware lds.
The little green icon is a seperate issue altogether i think cos its a little program of some kind.
I'll keep investigating.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Is a bit of hardware that ain't got the drivers installed.

user.gif

Thanks man....last nite i tried to disable the program in start up and it tried to write itself to the registry....any ideas as to what was happening. I dont really understand this registry stuff. It was like it wouldnt allow me to manipulate it in any way. I'm afraid to delete it

Reaction score
Heya,

Have you got any TV card or TV out functionality in your PC? Of have you just installed any monitor drivers or anything? The green icon to me sounds like a software install or a program for something like that, OSD - On Screen Display.

cheers.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
These "devices" used to relate to the Dial-up modem. :D

I would not bother deleting it, it will do no harm, until you can establish what bit o' hardware it is that needs the correct driver.

:user:

Reaction score
Thanks for the 'fo lads...i'll just leave it alone and keep a mince pie on it. I'm just wondering how it got there cos it didnt ship with the machine.
Thanks again.
:wave: Zzzzz

Ask a Question