AMD AM2 3800 CPU for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Single core, 2.4Ghz This one here.

Used for less than two months with Arctic silver thermal compound and Zalman CNPS8000 Cooler. Never overclocked.

Retail version with heatsink/fan, still under warranty.

£51.91 + £8.00 postage from OCUK.

£30.00 + £5.00 postage from me (£35.00 total with standard Royal Mail delivery).SOLD

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi flops can I pick your brains . If I got the cpu and put it with ,

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/productinfo.asp?WebProductID=600397

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=405139 (this would add £20)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-058-GL

Would it give me a decent performance upgrade compared with my present system ???? For all three components it would be about £150 which is about what I was thinking of spending on a AGP graphics card . I realise that I would have to buy a PCI-E card but I would sell on me present system bits and that should more than cover the cost . Thanks in advance . :D

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All those components are good, although I've no personal experience of Geil RAM

That's an incredible price for the memory, btw, it's a shame Scan don't sell something similar as you'll have to pay for two lots of postage charges and OCUK will charge you £8.00 to post the memory. Incidentally, if you bought the motherboard from OCUK the postage would still be £8.00 for both items, so it's worth considering.

The advantages with the more expensive motherboard are that is has a better chipset and good cooling. I have the deluxe version of the M2N which includes the Sli function.

However, the Sli is wasted really as in that mode the bus speed is limited to 8 X as opposed to a single card operating at 16 X. Had I realised that at the time I bought it, I would have gone for the one you've linked to.

The CPU comes with it's stock AMD cooler which will do you for now but I'd consider something better in the future.

I can also include a small tube of generic thermal compound if you don't have any, btw.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
From Overclockers i could post it cheaper :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks flops . I'm tempted but I think I'll have to stick with what I've got at the moment . Its that ultra chaep memory and your offer that started me thinking and thats not a good thing for me
laughingsmiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question