Amd 4200 x2 Temp

Reaction score
Hi all

I know this subject has no doubt been covered previously!

I have just build a new system:

Asus A8N Sli Premium
Amd 4200x2
4G Corsair DDR
Antec Phantom 500w silent PSU

Although the system runs like a steam train, the CPU's temp is at a constant 49-50ish, would be higher if i really worked it!

I've read a few articles that say the Dual Core Amd's cope quite easily at circa 70 degrees! Is this true??

Also would like to get a better CPU fan (Silent or Quiet) any ideas??
I believe some are a pain to fit to the MOBO because of the cool pipe position etc

Any advise appreciated

Cheers

Reaction score
Yes i have 1 case fan running at the rear!
The system is in a Wavemaster Ally case which i believe keeps the temp down a bit?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
leetay2 said:
Hi all

I know this subject has no doubt been covered previously!
Yes, it has ... ;)

I've read a few articles that say the Dual Core Amd's cope quite easily at circa 70 degrees! Is this true??
Nope! ... its 65° C before you may suffer from crashes.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_7203,00.html

Also would like to get a better CPU fan (Silent or Quiet) any ideas??
I believe some are a pain to fit to the MOBO because of the cool pipe position etc
It's your system ... but AMD ain't daft with their HSF & you'll be hard pushed to beat it ... IMHO

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That temp's ok for a dual core CPU, start panicking if it gets above 58C.

The Zalman coolers, the ones with the 120mm fans, knock spots off of AMD's stock coolers, as does the Gigabyte range, but the Zalman's are best. They cost around £25.00 - £35.00, depending on which model you choose and where you shop. They're also very quiet running.

But they are big, so check out whether the Zalman cooler will fit the Asus board before you buy. You could phone Overclockers.co.uk and they'd probably be able to give you an answer on that.

Ask a Question