Amazon Prime Day

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anyone seen anything worth getting? At £18 for an echo dot I'm tempted, I'm a GHome kinda guy but I'd like to try Alexa and see how I get on with her....

Reaction score
I have two and an Echo, great for music and general stuff. Weather reports. Quiz. Loads of stuff.

For £18 you cant go wrong. I'm lazy instead of turning and looking I use her as a clock ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just bought another Echo dot myself, I'll stick it in the workshop so I can listen to the music :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah I'm quite tempted. I've got a Nest Hub in the living room and Mini's in the bedrooms, It seems Echo's are a bit better when it comes to smart home implementation, for now anyway. Apparently the Nest devices are due a big update soon. Might have a pump for £18...

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
For those who are tempted and going for it, yes, it is a good deal! The 3rd generation has a beefier speaker (1.6" instead of 1.1" in the previous generation), because of this it has apparently much better sound quality and if you have two of them you can connect it in pairs for stereo sound!

I have one which is the previous version (2nd generation) I am happy the way it is, does what it is supposed to do but I would not be tempted to upgrade to the 3rd generation for the simple reason I never used it for listening to music. I have plenty of other equipment to keep me entertained :lol:

Reaction score
I just bought a Fire HD 10 tablet and saved £60. It works as an Amazon Echo show or a android tablet after adding Google Play + apps. I use it to read my magazines from Readly.com.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The 'sound quality' is crap!! You will need to get a speaker set if you want to enjoy music.

I'm not alone here in this.

Ask a Question