Amazon dot UK ... I want my stuff!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Where's My Stuff?

I really would love to contact you directly, but it seems your hiding from me ... :confused:

:rolleyes:

muckshifter

Reaction score
ta ... :thumb:

I can get to my Amazon online wish-list/orders page, but anything else just gives me the hour-glass. :mad:

I phoned using that number, not realising the time, and got a response ... now that surprised me.

Got to wait till the 5th May, even thought the order was dispatched on the 21st April. :rolleyes:

I WANT MY STUFF !!

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully it will arrive soon :) Is there any chance it's arrived, but they haven't been able to leave a card if you are out?

I had a parcel come over from the USA without a tracking number, and the courier didn't leave a card. I only found out 3 weeks later when it was returned to sender! (even though I tried to explain to DHL that I'm sure they have it but didn't leave a card)

muckshifter

Reaction score
It's the PO ... I can understand if it were pony express or any of them guide dog for the blind trainers.

No, I been here, no notes and I tried contacting the PO but they have the wrong size hoops for me to jump through.

My "contract" is with Amazon, I will wait, and think long and hard before ordering again, if I eventually receive my stuff.

I don't care where it is, I want my stuff I have paid for. :nod: They got my money, I want my goods!!

:user:

muckshifter

Reaction score
hey, I got a nice email off Amazing, err Amazon

We appreciate the time you have taken to bring this to our attention. Unfortunately there can sometimes be unforeseen delays and in this case we would ask that you kindly wait until 5 May 2009.

We take full responsibility should your order not arrive. Please contact us again on the above date by using the link below and we will assist you further:
:thumb:

There's a survey to fill out too, think I better leave that till I slept on it. ;)

:D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I have used Amazon many, many, many, times and found them to be great...Their warehouse in the the UK is in Swansea ( see itsme ) and my experience is brilliant ..but once it leaves them then technology is ?? rather left to mice and men , We need more info mucks.. if you care ...as your "I want my stuff " is a little ambiguous and would get a swift retort from you if it were anyone else...(smilies not working ) but would be a grin

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've always found Amazon to be good, Royal Mail can be a different kettle of fish though ;) I must have ordered 50 things from them in the last 10 years, and if there has ever been a small problem it's been ironed out quickly. Delivery has taken a while on some occasions though.

muckshifter

Reaction score
We need more info mucks.. if you care
Dispatched 21 April ... still waiting. :rolleyes:

Small print says you have to wait, then Amazon will set "lost parcel procedure" into effect.

I want my stuff ... now!!

:wave:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Usually, their "in-stock" items reach us within 24 hrs (or 2-3 days if using "ordinary" First Class snails) but Market Place items take longer, depending upon the seller. Could there be a - let's say - not-very-competent Postie in your area? Our regular Postie is great, he seems to take a pride in what he does and never any problems when he is on the round. (It's another matter during his holidays and days off :rolleyes: ) But, a few years ago, we had a different regularPostie and stuff was always going astray and being wrongly delivered.

That's why I think Amazon have their policy about having to wait for 28 days (or something like that) before they take any action. To give any PO glitches a chance to be ironed-out ('cause the PO certainly doesn't move itself all that quickly when there is a problem - at least, not in this area.)

Hope your stuff will reach you soon though Mucks :nod:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Very true Taffycat...My regular postman used to live at my house...on the main A34 he leaves things under the door mat outside the front door (pillock). Then there is the Driver postie who i know from my eldest lads footballing days who always leaves a note at the backdoor stipulating only "usual place".
I have Amazons Free next day delivery service which i paid £40+ last year which also entitles 3 family to have Free next day delivery...never had a problem..Seems the trek from Swansea to Southport has been failed by Royal Mail !!!

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I want my stuff ... now!!

Hey Mucks, what's the hurry? Aha, gotcha:

packages.png

Day six: 'The hell? Who mails a bobcat?'

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Rush said:
I have used Amazon many, many, many, times and found them to be great...Their warehouse in the the UK is in Swansea ( see itsme ) and my experience is brilliant ..but once it leaves them then technology is ?? rather left to mice and men , We need more info mucks.. if you care ...as your "I want my stuff " is a little ambiguous and would get a swift retort from you if it were anyone else...(smilies not working ) but would be a grin

Have a Son-inlaw working at the Amazon Depot. He says it is the Couriers that are the culprits to the none delivery and cock-ups of orders it appears that Amazon use several Couriers? Dont know about Pony-Express though:D
PS I no longer purchase over the net unless I can place an order by phone they dont get my ££££sssss

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Itsme
PS I no longer purchase over the net unless I can place an order by phone they dont get my ££££sssss
A very interesting take !! is the net losing its reliability ?

Reaction score
Rush said:
By Itsme

A very interesting take !! is the net losing its reliability ?

Frankly I believe it is its own downfall.

Companies should employ strict guidelines as to the customer being satisfied with all transactions therein no matter how small, even to the extent of employing an expert to solve the problems encountered, that way they DO NOT loose custom through trivialities , which is what this post is about.:nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Odd to think that the integrity of all online suppliers is at the mercy of a bunch of underpaid and very often unhappy and frustrated drivers.

The courier industry is very competitive and their salesmen are very agresive and cutthroat.

This means the drivers don't really receive a fair wage and probably couldn't give a toss.

And the behaviour of just one driver can make a customer form an opinion about a whole courier company.

At my former address City-Link used this middle aged black guy who was brillliant, nice fella too, we chatted often about this and that.

Where I am now I get a variety of drivers from City Link, most of whom are actually ok but there's a couple with an attitude problem.

My biggest criteria when ordering online is determining a definite delivery date. Other than that, I trust things for the most part.

This is why I've been using Scan (where possible) rather than OCUK for the last 15 months or so.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Update, well it is the 5th today ... ;)

Amazon have reordered, however, they is out of stock, when stock is received my goods will be dispatched ... I won't hold my breath, and, once bitten twice shy. :rolleyes:

Was advised I may not "see" my order until June. :lol:

muckshifter

Reaction score
feckit said:
Have they taken the money out of your account/credit card?
Well, of course they have ... the annoying thing is, I really do want the items or I would have just cancelled the order & got a refund.

catch22

:D

Ask a Question