Amazon 1 - Overclockers 0

Reaction score
I’m typing this on my new SM-2232BW Pebble 22" monitor (alright, I’m actually typing on my keyboard but you know what I mean ;))

When planning to buy the monitor I was worried about dead/stuck dead pixels so I e-mailed Overclockers UK and Amazon asking about their policy on dead/stuck pixels:

Hi,
I'm really interested in the SM-2232BW Pebble 22" monitor, however I'm worried about dead/stuck pixels. What are the chances of getting a unit with dead/stuck pixels and what would be my options if I was unlucky?

Thanks
Nick

Overclockers replied:

Dear Nick,
we observe the ISO standard please check this out on the internet thank you
Regards,

Huh? :( In other words, ‘**** off and don’t bother me’

While Amazon replied

If you purchase an item from us, and it has dead pixels, or develops dead pixels within 1 year of purchase, you can either receive a refund or a replacement (provided we still have the item in stock at the time of defect).

Thank you for contacting
[font="]amazon.co.uk
http://amazon.co.uk/.[/font]

So I bought from Amazon…..

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have said it before and I will say it again..

Amazon are fantastic and there customer support is legendary...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is reassuring to know from Amazon :) The overclockers reply was a bit disappointing as it doesn't really answer your question at all!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Thats reasuring from Amazon, but I see that it is "Dispatched from and sold by Pixmania" with the note "pixmania_uk has not specified their refund and returns policy. Please contact pixmania_uk directly to request a refund or to confirm their specific policies" - so you may need to also ask Pixmania what their policy is.....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Thats reasuring from Amazon, but I see that it is "Dispatched from and sold by Pixmania" with the note "pixmania_uk has not specified their refund and returns policy. Please contact pixmania_uk directly to request a refund or to confirm their specific policies" - so you may need to also ask Pixmania what their policy is.....

Well spotted - I guess the Amazon policy only extends to things directly sold by them. At least you were lucky and had no dead pixels (I presume?). :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Well spotted - I guess the Amazon policy only extends to things directly sold by them. At least you were lucky and had no dead pixels (I presume?). :)

Yes, no dead pixels, and yes, the monitor was dispatched by Pixmania, but since I wasn't worried after Amazon's reply.

Reaction score
Good to see from amazon, i emailed overclockers, as i didn't realise post was on a strike, and more or less got a sarcastic reply from overclockers, surprised at this as i love using them.

Reaction score
I notice you can buy MESH computers through Amazon as well.

Strange that large companies are using Amazon marketplace.

A case of "if you cant beat them - join them"?

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
MESH again?! You got some obssession?

I notice that you can also pick up any PC magazine and it will have an advert for MESH in it; they're just trying to drum up more business, which they desperately need, I wonder why!! Not strange at all

Reaction score
I personally love Amazon, great customer service and speedy delivery. I think (I'm not sure though) that Overclockers will only replace a Monitor that has about 3 / 4 dead pixels!!! :confused:

Ask a Question