"All Users\Startup" behaviour

Jan

Using XP Pro.

Items in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup do
not open up when my computer is turned on, or when any <user name> accounts
are opened.

Under what circumstances do the items in All Users\ ... \Startup cause a
program, document etc. to open up?

(Items in \<user name>\ ... \Startup open up without problem.)

Thorsten Matzner

Jan said:
Items in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup do
not open up when my computer is turned on, or when any <user name> accounts
are opened.

Under what circumstances do the items in All Users\ ... \Startup cause a
program, document etc. to open up?

The shortcuts are executed when you log on as any user, except for in
the Safe Mode where no startup settings apply.
Check if the folder is defined correctly in the Registry at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders.

Jan

The shortcuts are executed when you log on as any user, except for in
the Safe Mode where no startup settings apply.
Check if the folder is defined correctly in the Registry at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders.

Thank you for responding.

In that Registry key, for the Name, Common Startup there is shown Data,
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%Templates.

Is this what you would expect?

The shortcuts in All Users are not being executed.

Jan.

Jan

"Jan" wrote in message
Items in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup do
not open up when my computer is turned on

Thanks for the help. Followed the advice given. All working now.

Jan