all pages show up as "New Page 1"

backhoe58

I have just [put together a site using FP2000. I like frames, and
have a site with a 3 frames, banner, contents, and main. Each page
has its own title, and when I view the source code, it shows up
correctly. The problem is that the IE browser title bar shows each
page as New Page 1. I have tried everything I can think of.

My site is www.rankinbackhoe.com Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

backhoe58

Change thetitleof your main frame page.

--

Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

I have just [put together a site using FP2000. I likeframes, and
have a site with a 3frames, banner, contents, and main. Each page
has its owntitle, and when I view the source code, it shows up
correctly. Theproblemis that the IE browsertitlebar shows each
page as New Page 1. I have tried everything I can think of.
My site iswww.rankinbackhoe.com Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I have changed the names of every page, and it still won't work. If
you go to the site and look at the HTML source, you will see the
correct page titles are there, but it still shows up as new page 1

Steve Easton

Ok I open the site and clicked View source.

<head>
<title>New Page 1</title>

Which is: rankinbackhoe_com.htm

--

backhoe58 said:
[...]

correct page titles are there, but it still shows up as new page 1- Hidequoted text -

I must be m issing something. When I click on view source, I get the
following:

<head>
charset=windows-1252">
<title>Rankin Backhoe Home</title>
<base target="_parent">
</head>

I still can not figure out where the new page 1 title is coming from.
If you have specific instructions of how to change it, please let me
know.

Thanks again, Bob

Thomas A. Rowe

When you use a frameset the title that users will see as they navigate your site will always be the
title given to the frameset page.

You are aware of the limitation of using frames, right?

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com

backhoe58

When you use a frameset the title that users will see as they navigate your site will always be the
title given to the frameset page.

You are aware of the limitation of using frames, right?

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com

I have just [put together a site using FP2000.  I like frames, and
have a site with a 3 frames, banner, contents, and main.  Each page
has its own title, and when I view the source code, it shows up
correctly.  The problem is that the IE browser title bar shows each
page as New Page 1.  I have tried everything I can think of.
My site iswww.rankinbackhoe.com   Any help would be greatly
appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

I have figured out that the title will always be the one for the
frameset. Now, how do I change the title of the frameset?

Your information has been great, and I am sure that this is something
simple that I can't find in my 1000 page QUE manual.

Thanks again, Bob

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

IIRC...Frames | Frames Properties | Frames Page > General Tab see Title.

But then again I hate frames so I could be wrong.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

| > Change thetitleof your main frame page.
| >
| > --
| >
| > Steve Easton
| > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| > FP Cleanerhttp://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
| > Hit Me FPhttp://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm
| >

| > >I have just [put together a site using FP2000. I likeframes, and
| > > have a site with a 3frames, banner, contents, and main. Each page
| > > has its owntitle, and when I view the source code, it shows up
| > > correctly. Theproblemis that the IE browsertitlebar shows each
| > > page as New Page 1. I have tried everything I can think of.
| >
| > > My site iswww.rankinbackhoe.com Any help would be greatly
| > > appreciated.
|
| I have changed the names of every page, and it still won't work. If
| you go to the site and look at the HTML source, you will see the
| correct page titles are there, but it still shows up as new page 1

Steve Easton

Ok
Somewhere in your website folder(s) is a file named rankinbackhoe_com.htm
That is your main "frame" page and the one that has the title New Page 1

--

[...]

Open your website in FP with Folder List column visible on the left...select
the index.htm page and right click on it...go down to Properties and give
this page a new Title, OK, then save the site and re-publish.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

[...]

Rob, the default page for his site is:
rankinbackhoe_com.htm

?

--

[...]

wierd...i couldn't find that anywhere. i found the index.htm was titled; New
Page 1, so I changed that to something else and it seemed to fix it.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

| Rob, the default page for his site is:
| rankinbackhoe_com.htm
|
| ?
|
| --
|
| Steve Easton
| Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| FP Cleaner
| http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
| Hit Me FP
| http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm
|
| | > Open your website in FP with Folder List column visible on the
left...select
| > the index.htm page and right click on it...go down to Properties and
give
| > this page a new Title, OK, then save the site and re-publish.
| >

| > --
| > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| > Rob Giordano
| > Microsoft MVP Expression

| >> <head>
charset=windows-1252">
| >> <title>New Page 1</title>
| >>
| >> Which is: rankinbackhoe_com.htm
| >>
| >> --
| >>
| >> Steve Easton
| >> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| >> FP Cleanerhttp://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
| >> Hit Me FPhttp://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm

Hide

| > I must be m issing something. When I click on view source, I get the
| > following:

| > <head>
| > charset=windows-1252">
| > <title>Rankin Backhoe Home</title>
| > <base target="_parent">
| > </head>
| >
| > I still can not figure out where the new page 1 title is coming from.
| > If you have specific instructions of how to change it, please let me
| > know.
| >
| > Thanks again, Bob

Steve Easton

That's what it was in my browser cache.
I actually cleared the cache and then opened the site again
to double check.

Unless IE does some weird renaming with the default file!!

--

Rob Giordano (Crash) said:
wierd...i couldn't find that anywhere. i found the index.htm was titled; New
Page 1, so I changed that to something else and it seemed to fix it.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression

| Rob, the default page for his site is:
| rankinbackhoe_com.htm
|
| ?
|
| --
|
| Steve Easton
| Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| FP Cleaner
| http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
| Hit Me FP
| http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm
|
| | > Open your website in FP with Folder List column visible on the
left...select
| > the index.htm page and right click on it...go down to Properties and
give
| > this page a new Title, OK, then save the site and re-publish.
| >

| > --
| > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| > Rob Giordano
| > Microsoft MVP Expression

| >> <head>
charset=windows-1252">
| >> <title>New Page 1</title>
| >>
| >> Which is: rankinbackhoe_com.htm
| >>
| >> --
| >>
| >> Steve Easton
| >> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| >> FP Cleanerhttp://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
| >> Hit Me FPhttp://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm

Hide

| > I must be m issing something. When I click on view source, I get the
| > following:

| > <head>
| > charset=windows-1252">
| > <title>Rankin Backhoe Home</title>
| > <base target="_parent">
| > </head>
| >
| > I still can not figure out where the new page 1 title is coming from.
| > If you have specific instructions of how to change it, please let me
| > know.
| >
| > Thanks again, Bob

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

dunno.
do know I still hate frames! why anyone would want to go through all that
rigamarole to use frames when not needed is well...dunno.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

| That's what it was in my browser cache.
| I actually cleared the cache and then opened the site again
| to double check.
|
| Unless IE does some weird renaming with the default file!!
|

| --
|
| Steve Easton
| Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| FP Cleaner
| http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
| Hit Me FP
| http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm
|
| | > wierd...i couldn't find that anywhere. i found the index.htm was titled;
New
| > Page 1, so I changed that to something else and it seemed to fix it.
| >

| > --
| > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| > Rob Giordano
| > Microsoft MVP Expression