All Mail Folder Thunderbird

Reaction score
Please can someone advise me on this problem.
A friend of mine helped me to upgrade my PC, and Firefox and Thunderbird were installed for web and emails. Now I'm with Virgin, but he's set it up so that all emails seem to be accessed through Gmail. Under my Virgin account there are folders - Inbox, Drafts, Sent Trash and All Mail. I seem to have 8255 emails in the All Mail folder. Some emails are somewhat sensitive as being sent from a business colleague which I need to delete after reading them. It seems that all my Inbox, Sent and Trash emails are still contained in the All Mail folder. So I selected all and deleted everything from that folder. The 8255 emails then appeared in the Trash folder, which I immediately deleted. Clicking once on the All Mail folder to make sure it was empty, the 8255 emails began to download back into that folder again. When I tried to delete them again, Thunderbird crashed and I had to end task. Restarting Thunderbird, I selected all in the All Mail folder and deleted, which sent everything to the Trash folder, which now contained 16510 emails. Why can't I permanently delete my emails? If I can, how? I'm slowly going up the wall! Help! :(

Ask a Question