Windows XP All Hardware Missing?

Reaction score
I haven't checked my device manager or my network settings recently. But I was using privoxy and tor to mask my ip, I also used another programme before this but I forget what it was as I uninstalled it sharpish, it seemed legit, it just wasn't what I needed. Now when I open my network places theres no icons. Likewise in device manager, not a single icon. I can't find anything anywhere refering to this. Anyone have ideas? My computers performance hasn't suffered at all.

Thanks

Reaction score
You need to change permission settings in the registry. Go to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum. Add full permissions to Everyone. Click on Advanced button. Put a tick in both options at the bottom (Inherit from parent the permission entries... and Replace permission entries on all child or objects...). Exit and reboot & cross your fingers - Device Manager should no longer empty.

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm being really stupid but I cant locate the path you are refering to at all.

Ask a Question