Album shows Unknown artist even though its tagged!

G

I ripped my cds to mp3s a long time ago. I have moved them into My new media center pc. Now, when I Am looking at them at the cd level (Does not matter how I got to it, genre, artist, album etc) it will show the Album title and below that UNKNOWN ARTIST. I have all my mp3 tags filled out, but media center cant seem to figure out what artist goes to that mp3 album. Is there a tag I am missing? Do I have to tag the folder? I have my mp3s in folders by artist. Each artist folder contains all of their cds. I had done it by genre then artist then cd, but I am not sure if media center can see that. I like it that way, for ease of orginization and finding my stuff. Any thoughts on the unknown artist?

G

Where does Media Center get that info from? If I knew what tag or where that info needed to be, I could tag it correctly. If I search by genre it will show the album title on the list and at the top, but it will say unknown artist when I mouse over it. That is the info I need to get, or fix.

Ask a Question