Airfix are back in business

Reaction score
Still have a Harrier Jump Jet somewhere, missing a wing.
Must get round to finishing sometime, it's only been 25 years!:lol:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thats fantastic news...:nod:

Even better that they are using Licensing deals for the new Doctor Who Tardis and figures, should get some of the younger kids interested in building there own kits and off the playstations in there bedrooms..

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Have just today hung an Airbus My Travel and a Boeing airliner on my sons ceiling..he is 3...Said to me " You`ve done a great job Dad " whilst snotting from the nose aahh.
He will love them and he is the future ..so welcome back Airfix :wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I grew up with Airfix.

I had loads of them, I think I was permanently high on the glue and paint fumes :)

Aeroplanes, tanks, soldiers, boats, cars, soldiers and cheap rolling stock for my Tri-ang trainset, although I always had to put a pebble in them rolling stock cos they was too light and would come off the rails unless you added some weight.

Hours spent painting tiny soldiers and spending all weekend in me bedroom staging elaborate wars with two of me mates.

And all this before them wargames shops.

Nostalgia :) It's a bitch ;)

Another thought - all those peeps who snapped up Airifx kits at inflated prices when their demise was announced - is their investment now forfeit?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That's a thought... Floppy's mention of glue fumes, etc., I wonder how they are getting around that particular "elf and safety" thing? Lots of odourless paints around, but what about the glue? Yes, I know there are odourless glues, but I have yet to discover any that actually stick effectively...... I have even failed with so-called "super-glue" ...or is that just me? :rolleyes: :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
That's a thought... Floppy's mention of glue fumes, etc., I wonder how they are getting around that particular "elf and safety" thing? Lots of odourless paints around, but what about the glue? Yes, I know there are odourless glues, but I have yet to discover any that actually stick effectively...... I have even failed with so-called "super-glue" ...or is that just me? :rolleyes: :D

Top Tip

Leeks are notouriously difficult to fix with glue . Try jubilee clips as they are the right shape .

:p
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
happywave.gif

Ask a Question