Windows XP ahhhhh servicepack2 and wheres ma thread

Reaction score
i brought a new asus motherboard,and a new leadtek7800 graphics card,and cpu only,kept the hard drive etc and got the shop to put em together,but whats happing is when i install sp2 and do the update ,itkeeps rebooting after the windows loading logo,it just keeps rebooting.ive refomated it 10 times and now im sick of it.so the last time i left sp2 off ma computer and it seams to be working fine,but im worried about security issuses and wanting to install it.im to scared to install it as ill wont be able to get back in again.i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i noticed this one time
SUB COMPONET COM RASIED AN EXCEPTOIN WHILE PROCESSING THE OC-COMPLETE-INSTALLATION SET UP MESSAGE
D:/NT/COM/COM1X/SRC/COMPLUSSETUP/COMSET/CSETUPUTIL/CPP(LINE3406)
ERROR CODE=0X8007007F
THE SPECIFIED PROCEDURE COULD NOT BE FOUND FAILED TO LOAD THE LIBARY C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/CATSRV.DLL
so please give me your wisdom
i also tryin installing norton go back and i got this STOP.CCOOOO21A{FATAL SYSTEM ERROR}
THE SESSION MANAGER INITIALIZATION SYSTEM PROCESS TERMINATED UNEXPECTEDLY
THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN

Reaction score
rebooting

i carnt get to that stage,i can get to the bois and then to the windows loading logo screen and thats it,is safe mode loading up in bois,i carnt remeber,ive looked in bois but dont see safe mode

Ask a Question