After installing a new mainboard (ASUS P4P800-VM), it was necessary to to a
repair installation of XP because the new main board has a different drive
controller than the old one.

After overcoming numerous problems during driver detection and installation,
I'm receiving this message:

---- BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE ----
Sub-component COM+ raised an exception while processing the
OC_COMPLETE_INSTALLATION setup message.
d:\nt\com\com1x\src\complussetup\comsetup\csetuputil.cpp (line 3406)
Error Code 0x8007007f
The specified procedure could not be found.
Failed to load the library 'C:\WINDOWS\SYstem32\catsrv.dll'.
---- END ERROR MESSAGE ----

I can find no reference to 0x8007007f in the KB or other newsgroups. There
are a few amatuer references on Google, but...

I plan to try to reinstall COM+ when setup finishes (if it does), but I'm
wondering if anyone here has more info.

Thanks,
David Dickinson
(e-mail address removed)
Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Reaction score
Hi there.

I am a new user on these forums and have been wrestling with my machine for many hours now. This is quite the ressurection of this thread but it is one of the problems I am facing and has not yet had a reply. The story so far mainly focuses around my relatively new computer having major problems mostly to do with the boot up.

After finding my XP Pro boot disc I have tried using the repair console and tried repairing the actual installation using the wizard but to to avail. Here is a bit of the breakdown of some of the error messages I encounter when attempting to repair the installation. I am really trying not to format the darn thing :p

This first one happens approximately half way through the windows setup for the reinstallation.

Sub-component COM+ raised an exception while processing the
OC_COMPLETE_INSTALLATION setup message.
d:\nt\com\com1x\src\complussetup\comsetup\csetuputil.cpp (line 3406)
Error Code = 0x8007007f

The specified procedure could not be found.
Failed to load the library 'C:\WINDOWS\SYstem32\catsrv.dll'.

Sometime after this error, with the setup showing approximately 13 minutes until completion, another error message is displayed with the message mox titled windows update. The message is as follows

An error occurred loading "c:\Program Files\Common Files\System\directdb.dll". The file may not of been installed or it has been corrupted.

This is instantly followed by another windows update error box, fixed with an ok button also stating

An error occurred loading "c:\WINDOWS\System32\inetcomm.dll". The file may not of been installed or it has been corrupted.

then another

An error occurred loading "c:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msoe.dll". The file may not of been installed or it has been corrupted.

another :)

An error occurred loading "c:\Program Files\Common Files\System\wab32.dll". The file may not of been installed or it has been corrupted.

After this the setup will eventually complete and restart successfully. When booting up windows the following times the machine will seem sluggish and will take longer to reach the desktop. However the desktop background appears but no features of the OS. No icons or programs and the only thing that can be loaded is task manager.

I have done this a number of times now and am stuck where to go next! :<

Any help would be appreciated. If more info is needed I can provide it :)

Thanks

Ask a Question