Adywebb's New Rig

Reaction score
Sweet rig!

Ady - Download a program called Intel TAT here

Will give you a true reading from a sensor in the core of the CPU :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Its crunching 4 units at a time as we speak, and the CPU temp according to Asus Probe and also Speedfan is only 29C (I assume they are using the same sensor) - not sure how accurate they are but it seems the cooler is doing its stuff, and its only at half fanspeed :cool:

As regards OC'ing - stock is 2.66GHz, will be looking to get something nice and stable around 3.4GHz I suspect.

Edit: .....just realised, at 1.5hrs per unit - it can crunch 64 in a day :eek:

I am impressed :)

My dual core crunches 2 WU's at once and is running at 43C in a warm room with the Zalman Flower cooler. I thought that was big til I saw your tower cooler, lol. The Zalman is very very quiet though, partly why I chose it. Wish I could say the same for my case fans, I have 4 x 80mm case fans here, Pabst and, erm, can't remember, hehe, but I may replace them with quieter ones.

I don't think I need such powerful ones now, the two front fans only cool the pair of Raptors and then I have a rear fan and a roof fan.

You get WU's that only take 1.5 hours? Most of mine are about 6 hours, even with my new setup, although I do sometimes get a few short ones.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Sweet rig!

Ady - Download a program called Intel TAT here

Will give you a true reading from a sensor in the core of the CPU :)
Well that gives a completely different reading of between 58-61C for the different CPU's - Asus Probe&Speedfan still give 31C, so which should I be concerned about :confused:

Flops - what are you using to get your temps?

Reaction score
Most people use the TAT temps, though those do seem a tad high for the cooler that you have. Though if its silent i guess thats about right for an overclocked, crunching CPU with low air flow.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Most people use the TAT temps, though those do seem a tad high for the cooler that you have. Though if its silent i guess thats about right for an overclocked, crunching CPU with low air flow.
Its not overclocked yet Chris, and although the fan is at 50%, as you can see it has a massive passive cooler together with case fans above and behind, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Out of interest I have tried TAT on my E6600 rig OC'd to 3.2GHz + Arctic Cooler and it shows 57C & 53C for the CPUs whilst Speedfan says 40C - it has been faultless so far even when crunching together with 'folding' on the GPU at OC speeds 24/7.

The quads naturally run hotter than the duals due to their architecture, and as its quite a bit cooler with Asus Probe than Flops with his E6600 I think I'm happy with it as it is.

Its strange I've never heard mention of TAT before even though I frequent a few Extreme OC forums.

Ask a Question