adware

Reaction score
Recently, I have been getting a pop up from websearchtv, i have ran a couple spyware and have been unsuccessful to remove. Any help on removing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Reaction score
What programs are you running to detect spyware. I cannot tell you how to specifically remove that piece of adware. All I can do is suggest a few good anit-spyware programs. I use Lavasoft AdAware, SpyBot Search and Destroy, and Microsoft's Anti Spyware(you need a 'real' windows to get this one.

***Also... some times these programs work better in Safe Mode. To obtain safe mode, restart computer, tap the f8 key. When the Windows Advanced Options menu apears use the keyboard arrows to select SAFE MODE. Log In as ADMIN. Run tools. Restart when finsihed and it will boot up normally again.

Reaction score
Suggestion !

Hello spanuch8 !

My administrator said to me Ad-Awere is not good for remove spy !

He said to me use this to remove spy

'' Spybots Search & Destroy ''

Persharps Spybots able remove spy you have !

But is just a suggestion !!!

Good Luck !

Reaction score
. . .

I have Ad-Aware SE Personal, spy bot search and destroy and those programs seem not to work for me or they did not get rid of it. I have spyware at home that I have yet to try. Is there any other products out there to get. Im thinking about buying spyware doctor but I am not sure if I need that or if a free spyware program would be just as useful.

Thank You

Reaction score
I never see Spyware Doctor, but I hope is a good anti-spyware, and kill your spy !

Sorry, I can't help you !

But what is your Spy name ?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
spanuch8 said:
I have Ad-Aware SE Personal, spy bot search and destroy and those programs seem not to work for me or they did not get rid of it. I have spyware at home that I have yet to try. Is there any other products out there to get. Im thinking about buying spyware doctor but I am not sure if I need that or if a free spyware program would be just as useful.

Thank You
Have you tried Webroot Spysweeper?

Its a good program, i use it myself. :thumb:

You get a 30 day free trial last time i looked.

Reaction score
. . .

I downloaded webroot spysweeper. And when I went to delete the adware it gave me a message: A threat was detected running in memory. To ensure proper removal of this threat, cloase any applications that are currently open and click OK. I received that message in another program that I tried to use. How would I go about fixing this.

Reaction score
i got those websearch tv ones a while back. i just went to add/remove programs and deleted it :p

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
spanuch8 said:
I downloaded webroot spysweeper. And when I went to delete the adware it gave me a message: A threat was detected running in memory. To ensure proper removal of this threat, cloase any applications that are currently open and click OK. I received that message in another program that I tried to use. How would I go about fixing this.
:rolleyes:

http://www.pchell.com/support/ibiswebsearch.shtml

Reaction score
. . .

I would like to Thank everyone for their help. I finally removed the adware. I just restarted my computer and three different adware scanners came up and checked my computer. I am assuming one of them got rid of it. I thought I already restarted my computer before, I guess not. Thank You very much for all the help. It was greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Subject Close Now !

Not, thank you !

Because without your request we would not have been useful for you !

If you have other problems not to hesitate not to ask us for help.

Cya !

Ask a Question