Advice Please

Reaction score
Yes two DVD drives may come in handy however, I dont do DVD to DVD copying or 'On the fly' as its called it can be iffy at best as its still uses some page file usage and if your system is still a little taxed due to resources not being available, you will come across a whole load of problems during copying.

My best advise is to always do images to your desktop or other specific folder ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Agreed, I always do that anyway with two drives. But for the sake of 15 quid or so, two drives just makes the whole process a little easier.

Two drives don't mean automatic 'on the fly' all they do is save swapping out disks.

Yes, I know, lazy guy's option but hey, two drives are worth it, imo.

Reaction score
A little black number

Sorry for the delay in getting back here, I have had other things to deal with, but I think I am learning.
(prepares to be told different ... all this is like learning a new language you know) and the graphics cards totally throw me!

picked so far but ...
Performance Base Unit.
Pentium Core Duo. (6300 Intel Core Duo ,
Standard Case ,
Nvidia 7300LE TOP 256MB ,
200GB Sata 2 Hard Drive ,
1024 DDR 2 667 MHz , Xp Home With SP2 & Disc ,
2 X DVD Drives - Reader & Writer ,
No Wireless Network Card ... Do I need one?
Asus P5B-E Motherboard
3 Port Firewire
Total £580.32 inc tax and shipping
I still need to get a monitor, (couldnt find any reviews on the ones they package up)
mouse and keyboard.

Reaction score
Hello Fizzy! :wave:

I am very tempted to go for this myself... great specs, and a very appealing price!
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2694168.php
(Thanks Bex! ;))

The mice are all much of a muchness to a point.
Optical mice are slightly better performing (where rollerball mice can skip/jump and ignore your movements when they get dusty inside (almost unavoidable!)) - But are very simple to clean.
Wireless (Cordless) is a feature you do not need to pay out for in my opinion (Unless you decide to operate your PC from a distance of more than 3 feet?).

Keyboards are slightly different in as much as you get what you pay for, cheapies are horrible to type with.
Again, Wireless (Cordless) is a wasted feature unless you actually move the keyboard, or passionately despise cables?

This is an example of something I would choose for a reasonable package price.
http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=KEM-BASICPACK

Looking forward to helping you further in the future :D
Kev

Reaction score
Hi Kev, I am just heading off to bed but noticed your reply. Thanks.
This company also do a package that you can add bits to and upgrade, but I cant find anything about the monitor and I need a clear one for graphics and photo editing,
(have fallen for the BenQ FP91G+ 19" LCD)
Performance PC.
Pentium Core Duo. (6300 Intel Core Duo ,
Standard Case ,
Sony SDMS95FRB 19 " monitor ,
Nvidia 7300LE TOP 256MB ,
160GB Sata 2 Hard Drive ,
1024 DDR 2 667 MHz , Xp Home With SP2 & Disc ,
2 X DVD Drives - Reader & Writer ,
No Wireless Network Card ) (remove) £676.85
Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse Set (remove) £18.89
Asus P5B-E Motherboard Upgrade (remove) £60.67
3 Port Firewire (remove)
Total £782.47
http://www.pcoption.co.uk/ Not many comments about them but they seem to care about the customer and give a 5 year warranty (hope they are still around then)
just noticed I didnt see a camera card reader option, I'll never get it all together!

Ask a Question