Advice needed about 3G GPRS Data Cards and laptops?

Reaction score
I'm taking a laptop with me (to India) and I'd quite like broadband access on my laptop, wherever I am.

Is a 3G GPRS Data Card and my mobile (which has GPRS connection that I've never used before) all I need?

What else do I need to do? I'm not sure about whether 'Pay As you Go' or a Contract is cheaper? Has anybody used either Pay As You Go/Contract?

I'd be interested to hear about peoples experience using this card abroad and what the internet connection is like.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Buy a local phone in India that will do the same job ... or take out an extended mortgage on your house if you use your UK phone.

Oh, and it won't be 'broadband' but more like 'dial-up' ;)

We have had this conversation before ... it'll be a damn lot cheaper to find an ISP once you get to India.

user.gif

Reaction score
That's true :nod:

I just thought the GPRS datacard was a cool thing to have, in terms of convenience. But I guess it's only great if you can afford that luxury.
So, it looks like I should be going down the ISP dial up route.......I'm not sure if I can live without my broadband. It's a scary thought :(

Ask a Question