Advent problems already

Reaction score
I posted the other day that I was getting cold feet about my Advent order, but went ahead.

This is what I've ordered

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...sku=383551&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&tabIndex=1

However its arrived today with no speakers (see image) and no wireless keyboard (see bottom of specification list)

Before I ring them I'm wondering what my rights are here?

I imagine they are going to say something like 'the website is wrong sorry about that'

Any thoughts please?!!!!!!!1

Reaction score
Not arsed about the speakers TBH they looked like £6 ones anyway, but the wireless keyboard and mouse are different. Blatent mistake on website.

I'll ring them at £1 per minute and by the time I get an answer the phone call will cost the same as as a Logitech set of wireless keyboard and mouse!

Thanks for replying.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
zidane said:
Not arsed about the speakers TBH they looked like £6 ones anyway, but the wireless keyboard and mouse are different. Blatent mistake on website.

I'll ring them at £1 per minute and by the time I get an answer the phone call will cost the same as as a Logitech set of wireless keyboard and mouse!

Thanks for replying.
Ring them on their local rate number: 08702 420444 :thumb:

Make sure you make a copy of the spec sheet, and if they argue say you are rejecting it under your statutory rights.

You never know they might actually be helpful and obliging - mistakes do happen and all this worry may be for nothing ;)

Edit: I've looked at their returns policy - there will be no problem or charge if you return it within 14 days:

Cancellations and Returns
Cancellation (Delivery items only)

If you have chosen to have your order delivered, you can cancel your purchase at any time either before or up to 14 days after delivery by:
  • returning the product to one of our stores (please bring your receipt with you and the card you paid with, so that it can be credited);
  • following the 'Returns' instructions in your delivery documentation;
  • emailing us at (e-mail address removed);
  • phoning us on 0870 242 0444 - please have your order reference number and delivery details to hand;
  • writing to after sales, P.O. Box 1925, Sheffield, S2 5XW (please do not post products to this address).
Your product must be complete, unused and in 'as new' condition (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product in any). It should be returned with the original box, packing and accessories. Pre-recorded videotapes, DVDs, CDs, minidiscs and other software must be sealed. Any 'Free Gifts' received with the product must also be returned.

You will receive a full refund, and the cancellation is free of charge provided you return the product to a store, arrange for it to be collected from the delivery address or use one of our pre-paid returns labels. If you choose another method of return, you must bear the costs.

We cannot cancel your purchase when:
  • you have chosen a Collect@Store option;
  • you return your product to a store without proof of purchase;
  • there is a contract for services with the product and you have started using the services (this would include e.g. a mobile phone subscription, but not an extended warranty service agreement);
  • the seal has been broken on any software including games; or
  • the goods were a special order to your specification.
user.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
All, thanks for replies. I've also had a look at the Terms and Conditions and it would appear that I can send it back no problems at all.

It also looks like I can set it up and see if everything else works (especially the monitor which looks like it might be cack)- before sending it back, which is important as ideally, PC World will either send me a wireless keyboard and mouse or give me some money off orginal order.

Still disapointment though, its sat in front of me and can't be arsed setting it up tonight now. Will wait and see what they say tomorrow.

Glass of wine and a Stella chaser me thinks.......

Cheers

Ask a Question