Advent Computer Purchase - Mistake?

Reaction score
I ordered an Advent Computer the other day. Now I'm starting to worry I've made a mistake.

I'm not concerened about the cost or value I've done lots of research and this was a decent deal, just wondering how reliable they are these days.The computer I have now is an Advent PII and has ran 100% reliably for 7 years or something, which is why I wash appy to order another one.

Since the order though I've told they are guff?

Any views - honesty is apreciated ?

Zidane

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By zidane

The computer I have now is an Advent PII and has ran 100% reliably for 7 years or something

There`s your answer :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You could try googling to see if there are loads of complaints around - but I don't recall hearing of any here.

All I would say about off-the-shelf branded systems like these is they tend to skimp on the motherboard side which is the most important - but if it gives you the same service your previous one has then I wouldn't grumble :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
oops ...

Any views - honesty is appreciated ?
These PCs are a Dixons' "own brand" and are made by a variety of manufactures ... in my opinion are overpriced for what you get. This is not unusual for propriety manufactured PC though, even Dell cut loads of corners.

Any problems, try ... http://www.w00tw00t.co.uk/support/ ... first, then call Dixons. ;)

user.gif

Ask a Question