Windows XP Administrator has prohibited acces to CD/DVD ROM

Reaction score
never mind....as much as I wanted to avoid it, I reinstalled the IDU and the icons returned to normal. I guess I'll just reinstall every time I have the issue. Love computers....:)

pvd

Reaction score
First excuse me for pour English. The message "administrator has prohibited access to CD/DVD ROM drives" is caused by the program Intel Desktop Utilities. I solved the problem by opening the Control Panel, double click on Systemmanagement, then select Services. Now I disabled Intel Destop Utilities and two more services wich where related to Intel Desktop Utilities by clicking on them and select disable at the field Starting Type on the first screen.

Now you are able to delete the program Intel Desktop Utilities by opening the Control Panel, double click on Software and deleting the program Intel Desktop Utilities. Then restart your computer, problem should be solved then. It worked for me, after trying several solutions for 4 hours.

Ask a Question