Administrator account disappeared

Bastet

silver said:
Are you always this up tight towards people?

Guess that is how a LAME MS MVP act, they have to be a bone head. You
tell him about his time (which he explained why it was) and you still
will not answer his question, unless he follows you lame commands.

Look, you moron, *HIS CLOCK IS WRONG!!* He might be ahead, but the viewer's
server corrects the time for *THEIR* time zone. If his clock was set
correctly, it would have appeared correct to Carey. But, as it wasn't, it
didn't.

Now, toddle off...shouldn't you be in school...?

Bastet

silver said:
Are you always this up tight towards people?

Guess that is how a LAME MS MVP act, they have to be a bone head. You
tell him about his time (which he explained why it was) and you still
will not answer his question, unless he follows you lame commands.

They're not "lame" - having a correctly set clock is good netiquette. And,
if you had a clue about anything (which it's blatantly obvious you don't)
you'd know that the *VIEWER'S* server localises the time for *THEIR* time
zone. Had the OP's clock been set correctly, Carey wouldn't have said
anything. But it wasn't and Carey was perfectly correct to point it out.

Setting your newsclient so people are forced to send you copies their
replies to you is a gross invasion of privacy. I only noticed it because I
use Outlook for mail. Had I been using OE, it would have gone straight to
your inbox. Please remove the CC.

Now, do toddle off, I'm sure there's a grade school missing you
somewhere....

The Grey Goose

!Kalbo said:
Where I am, it IS 12/3/2003. In fact, half of the globe is now living in
Dec 3. You'll catch up in a few hours.

Do you have an answer to my question?
Me suspects that a gremlin has got into carey's computer and fiddled with
the time zone
Cos Kalbo's date looks OK to me, but then so does careys bit if a
mystery that

Jim Macklin

By default, when you create a second account, the default
administrator account is hidden so that it is not easy for
an unauthorized person to logon. It can be set to show, but
if you know it is there you can always get to the logon
screen by use of ctrl/alt/del on the logon screen.

| "!Kalbo" <nonya at home> wrote in message
| | > Where I am, it IS 12/3/2003. In fact, half of the globe
is now living in
| > Dec 3. You'll catch up in a few hours.
| >
| > Do you have an answer to my question?

message

----------------
| > ------------------

latest service
| > packs. I
admin account)
| plus
night but when I
| > rebooted
listed on the login
| > screen.
in with this
| account.
find the
| > administrator
the administrator

functional but there is
| > no

login screen?

| Me suspects that a gremlin has got into carey's computer
and fiddled with
| the time zone
| Cos Kalbo's date looks OK to me, but then so does careys
bit if a
| mystery that
|

| --
| The Goose
|
| May the Sun never
| Set on your cabbage patch

Ralf Baumhoefer

The "administrator" account can only be used in "Safe mode".
By defaukt in "normal" mode it's always invisible.

purplehaz

The Grey Goose said:
Me suspects that a gremlin has got into carey's computer and fiddled with
the time zone
Cos Kalbo's date looks OK to me, but then so does careys bit if a
mystery that

The original posters date was set to 12/3/03 yesterday, which was 12/02/03
in my time zone. If your current date is 12/03/03 then his date should say
12/02/03 as it was posted yesterday.

purplehaz

The administrator account can be used in normal mode or safe mode.
In xp home in only shows on the welcome screen is you boot to safe mode.
In xp pro it shows on the welcome screen if you boot to safe mode or press
ctrl-alt-del twice at the welcome screen.
TweakUI for xp can be used on xp home or pro and have it display the hidden
administrator account on the welcome screen in normal mode all the time.

David Candy

I prefer the english version of the site. I posted the link here while the my country illegally invaded Iraq, dragging both the US and UK into what was known as Downer's War. While not a site that one would believe anything without confirmation, as the US in particular had no access to any thing but propaganda, it was a way of liberating the US people from the control of their coup leaders.
http://www.counterpunch.org/

I have a deep interest in national security matters, but have this quaint notion that defense forces are for defense not attack. This so called "war on terrorism" is affecting defense forces everywhere. The main game is to be prepared for when a country tries to do a rerun of WW2 and spill over the pacific (I doubt it will be Japan next time). Yet neo-con governments are gutting defense forces to make attack forces suited to irregular warfare and oppression. That makes them useless for defense.

If someone comes down through malaysia, singapore, and indonesia our defense forces need to reinforce these countries quickly and with enough to matter.

BeePee

Start indows in safe mode (hold F8 during start-up) and your Administrator
account will be there. It's mainly for recovery jobs. Use your backup Admin
account during normal life. Wanna know more about the accounts: Right-click
on My Computer and choose Manage. Expand Local Users and Groups, click on
users and you'll see all the accounts. Don't change anything unless you know
what you're doing.
BeePee

Maris V. Lidaka Sr.

I don't know what else to suggest - it should have worked (it does for my
WinXP Pro system). I suppose you have to co the Ctrl-Alt-Del twice method
suggested, and/or search the MS Knowledge Base for a registry tweak, or a
Google search to find the answer.

Maris

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

The built-in Administrator account really shouldn't be used for
day-to-day normal use. The standard security practice is to set a
strong password on it and use it only to create another account for
regular use, reserving the Administrator account as a "back door" in
case something corrupts your regular account(s).

As you've learned, once any additional user accounts have been
created, the Administrator account will no longer be displayed on the
Welcome Screen. This is a default security feature. By design, the
only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home is to
reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at
the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:

having both at once. -- RAH

David Candy

One also should rename the Admin a/c in Security Options (in a real world server type situation - I don't bother at home). To log on one needs user name/password - it's quite easy to guess user name so for admin it's best to rename. In an office any account that gets used frequently people can find out by watching what it typed in (esp password protected screensavers).

So a renamed admin account with non expiring password, written down and put in a safety deposit box and never used - so noone knows the name or password..

Bastet

Maris said:
This should be labeled OT or, preferably, dropped completely.

Maris

1) It isn't off topic- it's very much *ON* topic. The original posters
clock was off and therefore that makes it topical. I see you're yet another
who doesn't understand the importance of a correctly set clock.

May be you had a virus in your computer. somehow there might be some missing dll or your installaion OS is corrupted because of may changes not conforming to Microsoft's preset.

Solution; re-install or start cleaning your disks by re-fiormatting.