Admin not granted permission?

G

My access database is telling me that I cannot run queries or look at tables that I wrote (and previously had access to).
I am in the database as Admin, and the Admin account has full read/write/delete/edit capability for all tables. However, all the queries are still marked as "Unknown" ownership. I cannot assign Admin ownership to these, no matter what I try
Is assigning ownership to all queries the answer
How do I do that when it won't let the Admin change them
I can change (and have changed) ownership for all tables, forms, reports, etc. Queries are the only items I cannot seem to get to work
What now
Tim

R

Rick B

The only solution I know of is to create a brand new database and import
each of the objects into it.

Rick B

My access database is telling me that I cannot run queries or look at tables
that I wrote (and previously had access to).
I am in the database as Admin, and the Admin account has full
read/write/delete/edit capability for all tables. However, all the queries
are still marked as "Unknown" ownership. I cannot assign Admin ownership to
these, no matter what I try.
Is assigning ownership to all queries the answer?
How do I do that when it won't let the Admin change them?
I can change (and have changed) ownership for all tables, forms, reports,
etc. Queries are the only items I cannot seem to get to work.
What now?
Tim

G

the only thing i can think of, is when you originally designed the tables etc, you didnt design them as Admin
You can only change the owner under the same user name you originally designed them under.

T

TC

If object owners are marked "Unknown", this means those objects are owned by
a user who does not exist in the workgroup file you are currently using.
IOW, you are probably using the wrong workgroup file for that database. What
you are seeing is the expected result of using the wrong workgroup file for
a database.

HTH,
TC

G

Thanks to RICK B for the answer. I successfully got a new copy of the database working, with all the functionality again

TC & MEGZ: Thanks for the input. I tried getting the other workgroup files re-associated with this database, and nothing new happened. I remembered the users I had created, and tried to assign ownership back to them for Queries. It still didn't work. Sometime starting over is the best thing to do. Sounds sentimental, doesn't it

Ti
----- megz wrote: ----

the only thing i can think of, is when you originally designed the tables etc, you didnt design them as Admin
You can only change the owner under the same user name you originally designed them under.

Ask a Question