Adding nt 4.0 print drivers to win 2000 server

G

I have a number nt 4.0 clients that i wish them to use a printer shared from windwos 2000. I however have to install the printer drivers on each machine locally and map the remote port to an LTP port them to print. I know that you should be able to add printer drivers for NT 4.0 into 2000 print server,s o when a client browses to the computer and then tries to add the printer, the drivers are downloaded and installed automatically

Please help

R

Ricardo M. Urbano - W2K/NT4 MVP

Alex said:
I have a number nt 4.0 clients that i wish them to use a printer shared from windwos 2000. I however have to install the printer drivers on each machine locally and map the remote port to an LTP port them to print. I know that you should be able to add printer drivers for NT 4.0 into 2000 print server,s o when a client browses to the computer and then tries to add the printer, the drivers are downloaded and installed automatically.

Please help.

From the machine sharing the printer, Open the Printers system folder.
From the File menu, choose Server properties. Go to the Drivers tab and
from there, you can add new (or old ;->) drivers.

hth

Ask a Question