Add/Remove Windows Components (error)

DancingChef

When trying to open A/R Win Components I get this message everytime:
Setup was unable to open information file wbemoc.infhide.

Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x2-at
line 2088999592.

Can anyone help?

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi DancingChef,

Click Start, Run and type:

notepad %windir%\inf\sysoc.inf

In the sysoc.inf file, find this line:

WBEM=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,wbemoc.infhide,7

Change that to:

WBEM=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,wbemoc.inf,hide,7

Save the file and close Notepad.

"DancingChef" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

When trying to open A/R Win Components I get this message everytime:
Setup was unable to open information file wbemoc.infhide.

Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x2-at
line 2088999592.

Can anyone help?
Ramesh,
Thank you, it worked perfectly.