add/remove programs

I checked the add/remove programs, there is a lot of stuff in there that I
don't even recognize, but IE and OE and Word, etc. are all gone. There is
stuff in there that I don't even recognize. I use XP. What happened to all my
programs? Thanks for any help.

Gerry

Jo

Internet Explorer and Outlook Express are Windows components and listed
on that "tab"! Word is a component of Microsoft Office 200? unless
installed as a standalone programme.

If you want to know what the programmes not recognised by you try a
Google search / provide a list.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The programs have no size to them and no "remove/change" key either. I
uninstalled Yahoo yesterday, but I can't see that making any difference.
Before then, all the programs I had on my pc (including Word, IE, Outlook
Express, any games I installed from a CD, etc.) were all listed in there. Now
they aren't. The only ones I recognize are Winzip and my printer. What
happened to the change/remove button and all the programs?

Elmo

Gerry said:
Jo

Internet Explorer and Outlook Express are Windows components and listed
on that "tab"! Word is a component of Microsoft Office 200? unless
installed as a standalone programme.

If you want to know what the programmes not recognised by you try a
Google search / provide a list.

Try the Add/Remove section of Kelly's page:

That's just about what Gerry told me, but still doesn't solve anything. There
is still no size to the documents nor is there a remove/change key.

Elmo

Jo999 said:
That's just about what Gerry told me, but still doesn't solve anything. There
is still no size to the documents nor is there a remove/change key.

Click Start, Run, type Regedit and see if the missing programs are listed in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

If they are we just need to figure out why some aren't shown.

Only Belarc is listed in there. It is also found on the Add/Remove in the
Control Panel and is the only one with the size and the change/remove button.
I installed that yesterday.

Gerry - Here is a list of the things on Add/Remove, as requested:

530TX - Adobe - Belarc - BufferChm - Customer ResearchQFolder -
eSupportQFolder - HP Photosmart Essential - HP Software Update -
HPH_ProductContext - HPH_readme - HPH_software -
HPH_Software_ReqHPProductAssistant - HPSU3065Stub - InstantShareDeviceMFC -
Java 6 Update 2 - Java SE runtime - MarketResearch- Microsoft Office XP Pro
with FrontPage - MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978) - PanoStandAlone - Solution Centre
- Status - Toolbox - TrayApp - Unload - Web Fldrs XP - WebReg - Windows Live
Messenger - Winzip 11.1

peter said:
have you gone to Kelly"s Korner??
here is a link on how to show all files in add&remove
http://www.g4tv.com/techtvvault/features/33721/Show_All_Files_in_AddRemove_Programs.html

maybe you'll actually go there and see if it works!!
peter

peter

OE is part of XP and as such does not show under add&remove
IE will only show if you upgraded from IE6
Word is part of Microsoft Office........remove Office you'll remove word.
etc ..can be anything since we have no idea what you installed or what you
are trying to uninstall....why else go to add&remove??

You have a HP system that came with a shit load of HP crapware
pre-installed....they all start with HP
The rest you can research by doing a Google
http://www.google.ca/.
just type in the word and then click search
I'll post this again.............go
http://www.g4tv.com/techtvvault/features/33721/Show_All_Files_in_AddRemove_Programs.htmlpeter>>"Jo999" <[email protected]> wrote in messageGerry - Here is a list of the things on Add/Remove, as requested:>> 530TX - Adobe - Belarc - BufferChm - Customer ResearchQFolder -> eSupportQFolder - HP Photosmart Essential - HP Software Update -> HPH_ProductContext - HPH_readme - HPH_software -> HPH_Software_ReqHPProductAssistant - HPSU3065Stub -InstantShareDeviceMFC -> Java 6 Update 2 - Java SE runtime - MarketResearch- Microsoft Office XPPro> with FrontPage - MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978) - PanoStandAlone - SolutionCentre> - Status - Toolbox - TrayApp - Unload - Web Fldrs XP - WebReg - WindowsLive> Messenger - Winzip 11.1>>>> "peter" wrote:>>> have you gone to Kelly"s Korner??>> here is a link on how to show all files in add&remove>>http://www.g4tv.com/techtvvault/features/33721/Show_All_Files_in_AddRemove_Programs.html>>>> maybe you'll actually go there and see if it works!!>> peter>> "Jo999" <[email protected]> wrote in message>> > That's just about what Gerry told me, but still doesn't solve anything.>> > There>> > is still no size to the documents nor is there a remove/change key.>> >>> > "Elmo" wrote:>> >>> >> Gerry wrote:>> >> > Jo>> >> >>> >> > Internet Explorer and Outlook Express are Windows components andlisted>> >> > on that "tab"! Word is a component of Microsoft Office 200? unless>> >> > installed as a standalone programme.>> >> >>> >> > If you want to know what the programmes not recognised by you try a>> >> > Google search / provide a list.>> >>>> >> Try the Add/Remove section of Kelly's page:>> >>>> >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm>> >>>> >> -->> >> Joe =o)>> >>>> >>>>>>>

Hi im new to all this,here go'es...my pc is doing my head in!!!!! its soooo
slow...I think i have a lot of stuff on the pc (when i go to add and remove
programmes i dont know what i need etc etc) Can anyone advise me?? danke!!
--
:) joolie :)

peter said:
have you gone to Kelly"s Korner??
here is a link on how to show all files in add&remove
http://www.g4tv.com/techtvvault/features/33721/Show_All_Files_in_AddRemove_Programs.html

maybe you'll actually go there and see if it works!!
peter

Thanks everyone...ill try what you have suggested..
ps: i went and looked at the items on my pc (by going to look at add/remove
programmes) I have loads od security updates,hotfix for window media
format,microsoft works 7.0,dxvid,microsoft.net framework 2.0, also i have
this damn incredimail xe i just cant get rid of it...:(
--
:) joolie :)

joolie45 said:
Hi im new to all this,here go'es...my pc is doing my head in!!!!! its soooo
slow...I think i have a lot of stuff on the pc (when i go to add and remove
programmes i dont know what i need etc etc) Can anyone advise me?? danke!!

omg, just looked at the link (kellys korner) its all double dutch cant
understand a word of it :( :( : helpppp!
--
:) joolie :)