Add-in Pb. "Windows Installer error 1605"

G

Hi all
Bad day today! It seems all things I took for granted were functionning well, have gone mad! Now Excel!!!
I was just trying to access the Tools > Add-in To get to the window and select one of the standard addins and this is what I get

" Microsoft Excel can't run this add-in
Microsoft Excel cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1605
This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.
???
Man??? What is he talking about?

Upon further investigation (clicking the splash screens away), I finally get to the window presenting the loaded addins, they all seem okay apart from one Mpds. I have never heard of this thing. Does anyone??

"Trying to select it I get "Cannot find add-in 'mpds.xla'. Delete from list?

Which I am more than happy to do. So now I just have a coupled of well known addins-libraries. Everything looks cool. I close XL. I start it again
I do the same thing ....and Boom the "thing" is back on the list!!!
How do I get rid of this s##!@@ ??? I have looked everywhere, I cannot find anything
What am I to do???
I googled this and found some stuff mainly a KB on word and unfortunately nothing helpful
Does anybody have an idea???
Thanks a lot
Pierre

G

Hi there

I too have this problem. I have search the web without any luck so far. This bugger is really annoying. Is there a living soul that knows anything more about this problem

Regards

Michael

Ask a Question