Account used to Forward E-Mail Messages

G

I have four e-mail accounts. I have #1 set as default. However when I forward a message Outlook always uses account #2 as the sending account. Why, and how can I command Outlook to use account #1 for forwarding? My version is Outook 2002. Thank you.

J

Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

When forwarding, Outlook will generally try to use the same account through
which the original message was received. So if you get a message through
account #2 and you click Forward, it will try to send the forward through
account #2. You'd need to change this manually.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In

G

Thanks for replying, Jocelyn. I thought that might be your opinion. The messages I'm receiving are spam, addressed to an old attbi.com address (AT&T Broadband before its takeover by Comcast). Comcast will kill all these attbi.com addresses at midnight on Dec 31, 2003. Since my four Outlook accounts all have comcast.net addresses, is it likely that the spammers have already somehow linked the attbi.com address to my #2 account? Or, now that I think about it, I'll bet it's Comcast that's linked all my attbi.com mail to that #2 address. otherwise how could I be receiving that mail at all? It will be interesting to see what happens in the new year. Thanks again for your reply.

Ask a Question