Account Unknown in Registry

G

While trying to track down some performance issues in my sisterr's XP Home box I found a user name listing of "Account Unknown S-1-5-32-547". This account has permissions set in the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG directory. Does anyone know what this is? It doesn't show up in Users and Computers.

R

roger

Hi worried,

Go to Start > Run lusrmgr.msc and see if the account appears there.
FYI, I don't have that account on my XP Pro registry.

Good luck

G

I have discovered exactly the same account on my PC running WIndows XP Home
I have only visited Microsoft pages particularly Windows Update Catalogue using XP Home

G

----- worried wrote: ----

While trying to track down some performance issues in my sisterr's XP Home box I found a user name listing of "Account Unknown S-1-5-32-547". This account has permissions set in the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG directory. Does anyone know what this is? It doesn't show up in Users and Computers.

The answer is in http://www.beginningtoseethelight.org/ntsecurity/index.ph

The account "S-1-5-32-547" is an NT security administration acoount. The article is long and the quick way to get to the relevant bit is to search for S-1-5-32-547 within the document

I installed the NT Security manager into XP Home to control access to certain administrative programs that had installed by default to where any user could run them.

Ask a Question