Access Locked my file

I was working on a database and my computer froze. When I rebooted the
computer and tried to open the file I'd been working on, access said "The
database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on the machine "willaft'
that prevents it from being opened or locked." I can't even access the file
from the computer I was working on it from, or from anywhere else. If anyone
has any idea on how I can unlock this file and get access to it, please let
me know. Thanks very much

Joseph Meehan

About said:
I was working on a database and my computer froze. When I rebooted the
computer and tried to open the file I'd been working on, access said
"The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on the
machine "willaft' that prevents it from being opened or locked." I
can't even access the file from the computer I was working on it
from, or from anywhere else. If anyone has any idea on how I can
unlock this file and get access to it, please let me know. Thanks
very much

It may be several things but I suggest taking a look at the directory
where the database (MDB or MDE) file is located. See if you don't have a
MYFILENAME.LDB file. If so delete it and you should be ready to go.
Rebooting with a database open often leaves Access thinking you are still
there. Deleting the LDB file clears its memory.

MacDermott

Compacting/Repairing the database often helps with this.
But make a backup copy first! In odd cases, the compact/repair may make the
problem worse.

Tony Toews

I was working on a database and my computer froze. When I rebooted the
computer and tried to open the file I'd been working on, access said "The
database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on the machine "willaft'
that prevents it from being opened or locked." I can't even access the file
from the computer I was working on it from, or from anywhere else. If anyone
has any idea on how I can unlock this file and get access to it, please let
me know.

For more information on corruption including possible causes,
determining the offending PC, retrieving your data, links, official MS
KB articles and a list of vendors who state they can fix corruption
see the Microsoft Access Corruption FAQ at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Joseph Meehan

MacDermott said:
Compacting/Repairing the database often helps with this.
But make a backup copy first! In odd cases, the compact/repair may
make the problem worse.

"About Face Intern" <About Face (e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message

I understand your pain, sorry I don't have a suggestion.