Access 2003 RT on Server 2008 R2 64bit

Reaction score
We have an access front end to a database that has been running on a 2000 terminal server using the access 2000 rt for ts. We're moving everything off these old servers and my job is to make it work. Here's what I've run into:

Windows 7 64bit with Access 2003 RT - I had a variety of ODBC errors and access errors that I resolved. Now works with a couple errors about unsafe files and a DBNETLIB error that Google can't explain. If I hit OK on that error, the application opens and appears to run fine.

When I put that same Access 2003 RT on my Terminal Server, nothing runs. I get the same ODBC and permissions errors I saw on Windows 7. I made the same changes. I still get the errors. I copied the front end and database from my local system to the RDC server, still get the errors. I installed full Access 2003, still errors.

In another thread I saw some registry settings in the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Jet and \Office that would get rid of the unsafe software error. I don't have those keys, which to me is an indicator that something might be wrong. Another difference I've noticed is that my RDC doesn't have SQL Native Client installed. Both of my test systems did.

Anyone got a fix for me? Is there a version of the runtime specific to TS that I need to get? A trick to installing the normal runtime on TS beyond change user /install? Something else I need to install? My boss wanted this 5 minutes ago.

Ask a Question