A suggestion?

Reaction score
Can I make a suggestion

When a thread is deleted or moved by a mod is it possible for the mod or admin or that section to include a reason as to why and if it was moved a description as to where?

Sometimes its really hard to find a thread that been moved if the viewer only saw it on the homepage in most recent. Or is it just me?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
A thread thats been deleted for a particular reason such as Advertising or Spamming will not leave a trace to general users for that exact reason - we don't want members to see it, and leaving tracks all over the forums will make it very messy.

However the Admin and Mods are able to see the trace and the reasons why it was deleted, so there is monitoring to ensure fair play - I think members have to trust us on this.

As regards moving/merging threads, again it would be messy to leave tracks all over the forum, and apart from posting a new thread just to say where another has gone, which will duplicate things greatly, there is no other way I can see of doing it - however the moved/merged threads will still show if you use the various search options :thumb:

If individual posts are moved/deleted within threads then a post to that effect is usually made.

:)

Reaction score
Yeah I understand it can leave messy ends.

Just a few times i've clicked on a thread on home page and its been moved. Not been able to find it, And it sounded interesting.

I used to be a mod in another forum quite recently so I do know how much of a nightmare it can be tidying up some times :)

Tis ok i'm just being a fussy git ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Can I make a suggestion

When a thread is deleted or moved by a mod is it possible for the mod or admin or that section to include a reason as to why and if it was moved a description as to where?

Sometimes its really hard to find a thread that been moved if the viewer only saw it on the homepage in most recent. Or is it just me?
If a 'redirect' is left in place by Admin or Mod then you will see the original post ... we don't actually need to move or merge to many posts here at PCR. There is a slight 'bug' that Ian will be fixing ... if you use the Forum page you should not encounter the err, error.
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/

Ady covered the rest so well I don't need to comment on them at all. :thumb:

Ask a Question