a-squared Free

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
a-squared Free
a-squared Free was suggested as one addition to Spybot S&D in the constant war against the nasty things trying to get into our computers. It was suggested particularly as an anti-Trojan but the blurb states that it will protect against Trojans, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Keyloggers, Rootkits, Dialers and other malicious programmes.

Downloading is straightforward and the whole system is simple and easy to use.
A Quick Scan took about 10 minutes and revealed nothing. A Deep Scan took about 90 minutes and turned up seven items of "medium risk" adware, which Spybot S&D did not find, and were then removed very easily.Nothing has turned up since the initial scannings.

I have used it for about 3 months so far and have made regular updates.

CONCLUSION 1.I have none of the above nasties present (hopefully).
2.I have some of the above nasties present but this system does not pick them up(hope not).

Either way I feel that this is an additional layer of security.

Reaction score
Been using it since it was suggested here.
Can't remember who suggested it though.:blush:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
feckit said:
Been using it since it was suggested here.
Can't remember who suggested it though.

Mucks was the one who gave me the idea.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I may have given you the idea, but I hope you ain't relying solely on it for protection. Last time I looked, A2 didn't have a real time scanning module.

It is a nice "freebie" but not a tool to replace your current antivirus, firewall and antispyware trio.

:thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
It is a nice "freebie" but not a tool to replace your current antivirus, firewall and antispyware trio.

Certainly not !! It is IN ADDITION to the antivirus, firewall and antispyware trio. As I said, it is an EXTRA layer of defence.

Thanks for your advice, Mucks. :thumb:

Ask a Question