A little bit more help

Reaction score
Ok,

Im response to my post yesterday regarding overheating ( https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3692824.php ) i have managed to get the CPU down to about 55 degrees on idle but im a gamer and when i run my games it tends to go to about 95 - 100 degrees.

Im hoping that the thermal paste will sort it but that most likely will not arrive until tuesday or wednesday next week, what would you suggest as a temporary way of keeping the temperature down so that i can still play my game as its my birthday on saturday and was hoping to do a gaming day with a few mates.

Cheers,

Luke

Reaction score
If you carry on using the PC with those temps you will cause permanent damage:nod: , you need a good cooler as I told you before? Plus the thermal paste otherwise you will probably do more damage than to other components IE:> MOBO> CPU.

So think about it?;)

Reaction score
Just make sure its compatible with your CPU/MOBO

Zalman> Thermalrite both good :thumb:

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Dunno about that but the OCZ vendetta 2 was a good cooler, but you can't go wrong with a Thermalrite 120, lots of peeps use em as they are a good price and prob the best.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
those temps are a bit more like it

i have that cooler and it does make things cooler when stressing your system with gaming or video encoding

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Its definetly getting better mate, yeah the Freezer 7 should drop it down to 30C, fingers and toes crossed.

Reaction score
Thats much better I am glad for you! With the new cooler you will see a vast improvement:thumb:

Ask a Question