A**holes grrrrr

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
So a dummy camera being there or not wont make a difference.

It will make some difference but will not stop all attacks.

Putting in a real camera will not be any better than a dummy because, if they're going to do your car they will and they are not totally stupid and will wear hoods, just like the old highwaymen and cowboys wore masks so they could not be positively identified.

One of our local papers often prints pictures of villains who have stolen things or held up shops. I am always amazed at the poor quality of the pictures and even those without masks could be just about anyone, so bad are the photos.

Your system will be very unlikely to identify anyone enough to prosecute or even apprehend.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It will make some difference but will not stop all attacks.

Putting in a real camera will not be any better than a dummy because, if they're going to do your car they will and they are not totally stupid and will wear hoods, just like the old highwaymen and cowboys wore masks so they could not be positively identified.

One of our local papers often prints pictures of villains who have stolen things or held up shops. I am always amazed at the poor quality of the pictures and even those without masks could be just about anyone, so bad are the photos.

Your system will be very unlikely to identify anyone enough to prosecute or even apprehend.

Putting in a real camera will stop 99% of attacks as firstly it serves as a deterrent, the infra reds on most modern cameras now are very bright and make the camera very visible at night aswell..Also once the cameras have been in place a short time, knowns work this out and stay clear, you would be surprised just how quick word of mouth travels amongst the louts of this world, FB, Twatter etc etc

Your local papers are printing pictures of villains from very old in the most part antiquated equipment normally still using old VHS videotape machines, most of the time what you see on the tv and in papers are freeze frames from shop videotape CCTV systems, that have been in use for many years and are well past there sell by date, the videotape itself has been recorded over many hundreds of times and this degrades the tape over time and the result is no legible picture or footage when they need to review it..

Most systems sold nowadays are HDD based and suffer no such degradation problems, they also have decent quality cams now as standard, these systems are only just starting to filter through to your average shopkeeper though as prices are now dropping due to better tech becoming available at cost.

The cameras TXD have linked to on ebay are 700TVL cameras which are pro quality and will be able to pick a face out and be clear as a bell from 50 metres..

As a side note

I had the police here just 2 days ago asking me for footage from my cams over a theft that happened across the street from me 40 yards away, I checked my HDD recorder found the footage and the police are now in the process of nicking the culprit, first thing the copper said was how nice and clear the footage was and wished a lot of the shopkeepers he deals with had equipment like mine, and that he knew the guy involved and was a known to the police!

Job done..:thumb:

So CCTV does work if you have the right equipment! :nod:

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Also once the cameras have been in place a short time, knowns work this out and stay clear, you would be surprised just how quick word of mouth travels amongst the louts of this world,

Dunno what part of the UK you live in. But down here in my part of London, cameras in shops, on the high street and even PCSO's walking around mean didly to these little gangs of scum. Because they know they will get away with just about anything these days

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Dunno what part of the UK you live in. But down here in my part of London, cameras in shops, on the high street and even PCSO's walking around mean didly to these little gangs of scum. Because they know they will get away with just about anything these days

Exactly you answered your own question there LONDON :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
and will be able to pick a face out and be clear as a bell from 50 metres..

So CCTV does work if you have the right equipment! :nod:

The villains in your area must be dumber than the ones here. :D Up here they wear a hood with a scarf up to their eyes so that no-one can identify them for sure. No camera, no matter how good, is going to pick them out.

Of course, the cops usually know who they are but can't actually prove it.

Reaction score
If the camera is a good one and gives a clear image like the 700TVL one I have shown you and the accused can be identified by the clothing and any marks on the clothing that same night of if stopped in the near future.

Even down to a pair of trainers or pattern on their scarf it can make all the difference after being hauled in to the station and questioned they eventually sh!t themselves and come clean

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
He's probably just worked out that those types of cams are expensive anyway because they are pro quality, I bet he had about a hundred watchers and thought jeez these are popular whats the goin rate of these on the retail market, saw the price and pulled the auction to readvertise with a hiked up price

I said that decent cams would cost you hundreds didn't I :nod:

Reaction score
Yeah u probs right. But he aint gona sell them for much more than the £42 starting price

I know for a fact people that were watching them wont be now

I usually find something and instead of watching I will bookmark it to keep track instead ;)

Still worth £50 nicker each easily though and I only need the one of the 50 metre ones so....

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Item location:

广州市, 廣東省, China.

Pass. :)

Reaction score
CCTV and a loaded shotgun seems to work well
Oh and 1 of the dogs goes a tad loony at people it does not know & it likes the postman!

Ask a Question