A**holes grrrrr

Reaction score
Great like cars aren't expensive enough to keep as it is!

Crash, bang, wallop, I heard last night while sat watching 'Golden Boy' one of my favourite Cop TV shows. I looked out of window to see three, youngish lads walking past

My nearside wing mirror hanging from the adjustment cable

Fantastic I thought as I dialled 101

Needless to say they were not found by the police......

Attachments

• 2013-05-15-295.jpg
    2013-05-15-295.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 162

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Sorry mate! This is not a pleasant thing to happen. Unfortunately we live in a world where a lot of things do not make any sense.:wall:

Reaction score
Aye such is life. Been looking on Ebay found one for about £13 with the mirror second hand. Guess that will have to do.

"Ideally it needs to be fixed before I start driving" she said. But if I get stopped and asked about it I'm to hand over my crime number card and "Hopefully" she said again the PC will use his/her discretion....

Here's to hoping!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Well if you order from Ebay it will take a couple of days I suppose so how you are going to manage?

Good thinking on getting it from Ebay, a new one would cost way more than that.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Seems to be a group of kids going around my area at night time on Boris bikes kicking people mirrors off. Somebody should line them up and kick them right where it hurts...

Reaction score
Yeah its happened a few times along where I live. I've escaped most of the incidents lightly until now! :(

Looking into getting some CCTV installed front and back as I have a flat roof at my rear bedroom window as well... Just being unemployed at present I'm struggling to justify the cost of buying it all. Will probably use an old PC or one of my servers so will need a capture card and some cameras..Not forgetting a load of cable. Nightmare!

Reaction score
Yeah very much. I suppose the best part is however my neighbour will pay half so not too bad I guess. The initial outlay however stings

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Sorry to see what has happened too, TXD. :( To a mindless idiot, it's a brief moment of dubious "fun" or whatever, but as always, the consequences for the hapless victim are esxpensive, time consuming and extremely frustrating.... to say the least.

Glad to hear your neighbour is willing to share the cost of setting up CCTV and, here's hoping you can source the bits and pieces you need at a reasonable cost.

All the best.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I bought a "B and screw it" Kit when we were living in Llanrumney Cardiff after having our cars repeatedly vandalised by 'kids' in the area.

It was a £99 kit with everything you needed inc' the cable. It connected to the VCR/TV, via it's own little black box and a SCART cable. Could set it up to auto record any movement. It was very good, it would auto flick to the TV channel so you could watch what was happening. That got bloody annoying when watching a good TV program with every cat, dog, and any other movement. Fortunately you could turn that aspect off.

It seem to help as the camera was very prominent on the wall ... maybe a good looking dummy camera, at around £30 may be a better interim solution for you.

oh, and no need to worry over "the law" governing home/private CCTV, you're basically exempt. :)

Good luck TD

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yep, dummy camera is the answer, especially if you're struggling for cash.

Friend of mine put in full working model which certainly lessened the number of incidents. But even then, a couple of times they still struck and he had great footage of a couple of hooded youths cycling off into the distance. It was of no use in tracking them down.

He later replaced the system with a dummy and moved the full setup elsewhere. He reckons the dummy is a pretty good deterrent having reduced incidents by 90%.

Reaction score
Thanks mate, unfortunately 15 metre distance is not far enough
And 1 camera isnt enough

Thanks anyway

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As John Travolta said in Pulp Fiction 'You don't mess with a man's wheels'.

Scumbags.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks mate, unfortunately 15 metre distance is not far enough
And 1 camera isnt enough

Thanks anyway

No worries :thumb:

Well your probably talking about PTZ cameras then if 15 metres isn't far enough, your talking many hundreds of pounds just for the cameras!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You'll be lucky to get anymore than 15 to 18 metres out of the first ones as only 36 infra red LED's

Reaction score
Yeah the first one is for the rear looking over the flat roof below my window and rear gate of the property

However if I can get two or the 50 metre ones I will do. depends on price though

Reaction score
:(Sorry to hear about your problems TD we had a lot of yobo,s when we lived in Maidstone. Mr Mucks is right a dummy camera is the way to go with lots warning signs around they will soon stop their games if they think they are being watched. Around here there is nothing going on and we know everyone and it is too far from civilization and little or no public transport to be a problem.

Reaction score
Having a camera there dummy or not won't deter them really because most of them are completely oblivious anyway. But without sitting on my window sill looking out for the idiots that is doing is now and then is what is making it so hard to do anything.

Now if a camera was there, its 100% proof it was them even after them denying it. Easier to describe them to police aswell after looking at footage.

So a dummy camera being there or not wont make a difference. Just need hard proof its them as they don't walk down street looking around for cameras before the morons are doing it if that all makes sense?

Ask a Question