A great way to download essential software

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
A few years back, I was introduced to "Ninite" - a software packager based at https://ninite.com/ that lets you check boxes for lots of very popular software applications and lets you bulk install them. It's not something that you'd need to do on a regular basis, but it's a great timesaving tool when you're using a freshly formatted/new PC.

For example, I check boxes for 7Zip, VLC, Filezilla and about 10 other apps - and then it'll install them all for me in one go :D.

I hope it's useful to other users here!

Lots of the apps listed in @V_R's essential software thread are listed there too :thumb:.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah I remember reading about this before.

How does it cope with other stuff bundled within the installer (Toolbars etc) I wonder?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How does it cope with other stuff bundled within the installer (Toolbars etc) I wonder?

I've not noticed any attempted toolbar installation for anything that I've used - that would make me run a mile! I had a read up and saw this in their FAQ:

https://ninite.com/security

Ninite declines all toolbar offers and bundled junkware. You may get irrelevant warnings or experience download failures if you have security software configured to warn about the mere presence of junk offers in installers. It is safe to ignore these because Ninite opts out of the junk.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah thats good. I assumed they would have it covered, would be a bit daft not too!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Great idea, specially if there is no toolbar interference. :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have bookmarked, a definite advantage when doing a fresh install, thanks for the link.

Ask a Question