9800xt not showing Overdrive tab

Our Asus 9800xt is not showing the Overdrive tab. Is it normally just a case
of installing the ATI drivers or do you need to do something special to
enable the Overdrive feature? Why might the tab not be showing up? Any help
much appreciated.

dino

depends on the version of the drivers..I believe only the last 2 releases
have the Overdrive feature

We are using Catalyst 4.2. Is it possible Asus have not implemented
Overdrive and so making us use their drivers and SmartDoctor?

dino

it is a possibility...I am running the latest Omega drivers..and mine is an
ATI card. So maybe like you said Asus did not incorporate them and makes you
run their utility instead.

Tatu

NoSpamMa'am said:
Our Asus 9800xt is not showing the Overdrive tab. Is it normally just a case
of installing the ATI drivers or do you need to do something special to
enable the Overdrive feature? Why might the tab not be showing up? Any help
much appreciated.

Hello man!

Asus has it's own oc'ing utility and the Asus 9800 XT does not support
the oc feature of the Catalyst drivers. The only way to co the card is
to install Asus made drivers for your card.

Best wishes :)

Tatu

Mario Pezzo

martedì 9 marzo 2004, alle 11.25.43, avete scritto:
Na> We are using Catalyst 4.2. Is it possible Asus have not implemented
Na> Overdrive and so making us use their drivers and SmartDoctor?

I have a Dimension 8300 and I had to patch the card BIOS (using the
official utility on the Dell site) to enable the 9800XT OverDrive
function.
Search a thread in the forum and follow the instructions.
:)
Mario

Mario Pezzo

MP> I have a Dimension 8300 and I had to patch the card BIOS (using the
MP> official utility on the Dell site) to enable the 9800XT OverDrive
MP> function.
MP> Search a thread in the forum and follow the instructions.
MP> :)
MP> Mario

Oooops...sorry, I was following a thread in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell and
I sent the message here thinking I was in the other ng...

Mario

RobundConny

If your card doesn´t have the LM63 chip on it ( on the back of the card )
which i think you´ll find it doesnt, then no you cant use the overdrive
function. Asus use their own chip, meaning you can onlny use smartdoctor to
overclock your card.

Rob