9800 pro aiw finally working -has ATI abandoned Gemstar?

None40

Well after 8 hours I finally got this video card to work. I finally found
the answers to the problems I was having. The 9800 pro is apparently
finicky about the order in which drivers and software are upgraded. It also
finicky about having the old drivers and software still on the system. But
all is good now. I noticed the newest version of MMC (9.06) no longer has
Gemstar as an application, has ATI abandoned Gemstar?

dana.wellen

No, you have to re-install the guide + software after all the other ATI
software.
The software may still be on your system but it isn't installed on the
ATI quick
launch bar.

MJB

I have tried to load MMC 9.06 on my 9800 Pro AIW and the TV application
would crash. I thought I tried everything; what did you do to get it loaded
and working. Below is how ATI tech told me to install the drivers but it
didn't work; what did you do?

Visit the address below to download ATI's catalyst uninstaller.
http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/catalystutils.html
Run this file. DO NOT RESTART. Return to Add/Remove programs and ensure
that all ATI software is removed. Also ensure that DAO, Guide Plus and
Hydravision are uninstalled. Do not reboot..

- Open the Windows device manager. Remove all ATI entries from the Device
Manager under the Sound Video and Game Controller category.

IMPORTANT - Disconnect the USB RF Unit from the computer.

Visit the ATI website at the address below for our latest drivers for your
operating system.
http://mirror.ati.com/support/drive...productsXPdriver&submit.x=12&submit.y=11Click on download option next to "High speed" and choose SAVE TO DISK todownload the new driver package for your ATI product. Save this file toyour downloads folder or the Windows Desktop.Run the file when the download is complete and reboot the computer.--------------------------------------------------To re-install or update your ATI Multimedia Center software,Visit the ATI website at the address below for the latest DAO, DVD andMultimedia center software. http://mirror.ati.com/support/drive...d=aiwWINXPdriver&submit.x=8&submit.y=7Install the DAO download first. Do not restart.Install the 9.0 DVD player (CD WIZ) and reboot. Note, you will need theoriginal CD in the drive to install this update.Install the 9.0 Multimedia center download and reboot.Note, if you require ATI's Remote software, then you can install it last.Ensure that the USB RF device is not connected to the computer when youinstall this software. Visit our website athttp://www.ati.com/support/driver.html to select your operating system andthen choose Remove Wonder. You can download the latest 2.x version of theremote software from here.To install Guide Plus, insert the ATI CD. Close the Installation Menu.Browse the Install folder for the Gemstar folder. Run the setup in thegemstar folder to re-install Guide Plus. Reboot after installation. Launchthe program."None40" <[email protected]> wrote in messageWell after 8 hours I finally got this video card to work. I finally foundthe answers to the problems I was having. The 9800 pro is apparentlyfinicky about the order in which drivers and software are upgraded. It alsofinicky about having the old drivers and software still on the system. Butall is good now. I noticed the newest version of MMC (9.06) no longer hasGemstar as an application, has ATI abandoned Gemstar?>

None40

MJB said:
[...]

Well what I did was the following( after uninstalling the ATI software and
drivers)
1) Catalyst 5.3 then reboot.
2) DAO/MDAC
3) new dvd decoder. (have original CD in the cd-rom drive)
4) new remote control driver then reboot.
5) MMC 9.06 then reboot.

None40

None40 said:
Well what I did was the following( after uninstalling the ATI software and
drivers)
1) Catalyst 5.3 then reboot.
2) DAO/MDAC
3) new dvd decoder. (have original CD in the cd-rom drive)
4) new remote control driver then reboot.
5) MMC 9.06 then reboot.
Ooops meant catalyst 5.4.