80 gig hard drive as a slave (HELP)

Reaction score
Can any1 help me.
I have just bought a 80 gig hard drive.
I have set it up as my slave drive and put it my computer it does not show up when i click on my computer.
But when i look in systems it shows it is their i know it is the right type of drive for my computer and i know i have set the pins to set it up as a slave
is their somethink i have to do like format the hard drive or partition it and if so can you tell me how to do it so i can print it of and do it my self.
thanks.
kev.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You'll most likely need to partition it using the "Computer Management" application.

Click Start > Run > "compmgmt.msc" > OK

Then click on "Disk Management"

You should see your 2nd Disk appear in the list (probably as Disk 1, as Disk 0 is the primary). You can then partition this drive however you want, probably as one big single drive. It can then be formatted for use.

Be sure you select the correct drive, as it should be empty. If you are unsure, just let me know and I'll see if I can explain it a bit better :)

Reaction score
Hi thanks do i have to select a file system type like NTFS thats what my master drive is
and in disc manegment do i partition all the drive and then do a full format.
thanks for your help.IAN
THAKS AGAIN

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
kevlambo said:
Hi thanks do i have to select a file system type like NTFS thats what my master drive is
and in disc manegment do i partition all the drive and then do a full format.
thanks for your help.IAN
THAKS AGAIN

Just do a full format ... NTFS will handle an 80gig fine.

:thumb:

Ask a Question