64-bit Windows XP

I downloaded the beta version of XP 64-bit OS and when I
try to install my SATA drivers for my Boot drive, the
first time it said that the file was corrupt, and
everything thereafter, ot says that the file on the
installation CD is not working... it was something like
D:\....\oemdisk.c. Any ideas on how I can get the SATA
drivers installed and continune to install the evaluation
OS?

thanks

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please repost your question in the following newsgroup:

Newsgroup Support for Windows for 64-Bit Extended Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/extended/trial/support.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

| I downloaded the beta version of XP 64-bit OS and when I
| try to install my SATA drivers for my Boot drive, the
| first time it said that the file was corrupt, and
| everything thereafter, ot says that the file on the
| installation CD is not working... it was something like
| D:\....\oemdisk.c. Any ideas on how I can get the SATA
| drivers installed and continune to install the evaluation
| OS?
|

| thanks

Richard Urban

It's beta software. You're pretty much on your own (-:

Do you have the requisite motherboard and processor?

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Tim Heise

Richard Urban said:
It's beta software. You're pretty much on your own (-:

Do you have the requisite motherboard and processor?

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
You must have 64-bit hardware...
//
tbh

The reason you're getting the files are corrupt message is because the SATA drivers you're trying to use are for 32bit systems. Check your motherboard manufacture’s website for 64bit SATA drivers. Most companies have released the drivers as BETA so be aware of that. Or you can use the VIA drivers
Here's a link on how to install
http://forum.msi.com.tw/thread.php?threadid=40859&sid
Note the driver location has changed since first post
ftp://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/HyperionPro64/