5.1 Speaker Problem Logitech

Reaction score
Hiya

I have a Logitech speaker system

it cost me around 300 quid 2 years back
its been very good

but ive noticed somethings not rite

Out of nowhere both the front right and front left speaker is not working
i notice that when i run a test using my creative software the noise the women makes such as 'front left' and 'front rite' is so very FAINT

when she says 'rear left' and 'rear right' u can properly hear it

i always had a problem configuring the centre speaker but all four of the others seemed to always work.

ive looked in windows settings, creative settings and looked and changes settings on the speakers themselves but still 'front right' and 'front left'
do not seem to be working, ive looked at the wires they are connected correctly.

im a bit lost
last resort would be to uninstall my sound card and resintall it

im not so sure how to do this ive forgoteen in the sense that do i need to unistall all of the software that comes with the sound card?

ne other suggestions then?

Reaction score
Do you have a forward volume controll aswell? I have a similar setup and the software allows you to turn volume up on front and rear for film and game viewing with the option also for balancing the speakers.

Cant remember if u said u had reinstalled the software of not while i'm typing but try it again if you havent. Or even try getting an update?

If all else fails try contacting the manufacturer?

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Do you have a forward volume controll aswell? I have a similar setup and the software allows you to turn volume up on front and rear for film and game viewing with the option also for balancing the speakers.

?

where is the forward volume control then?
i dont think ive got that

i havent unistalled and resintalled yet
im thinking abt this but unsure
thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Is the middle speaker and bass working Ok?

Sounds like it may be set for 2.1 setup.

Your sound card should have dedicated software where you can change volume to all six speakers and also choose speaker configuration.

You can also open the Sound icon in Control Panel and make changes there (assuming you're using Windows).

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Is the middle speaker and bass working Ok?

Sounds like it may be set for 2.1 setup.

Your sound card should have dedicated software where you can change volume to all six speakers and also choose speaker configuration.

You can also open the Sound icon in Control Panel and make changes there (assuming you're using Windows).

thanks for your reply
the middle speaker never worked

the bass is the best its fine.

i did look into my settings in sound and looks on speaker configuration

i will look into unistalling the soundcard and resintalling.
both the drivers and software.

psd99

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just out of interest, what sound card is this? Or is it onboard sound device? And also, which motherboard?

If you're using an Nvidia 2 chipset, there's actually a problem that Nvidia solved with a patch but I think that's unlikely as you said it was working Ok previously.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Just out of interest, what sound card is this? Or is it onboard sound device? And also, which motherboard?

If you're using an Nvidia 2 chipset, there's actually a problem that Nvidia solved with a patch but I think that's unlikely as you said it was working Ok previously.

this is not the Gigabyte motherboard

this is a Lexus BN730, yes there is onboard sound but im sure i disabled this.
i will now check bios again to make sure its disabled!
this is the system im thinking of upgrading, but since changing the mobo in my other system the one that u gave me
ive decided to temporary retire in this game, too much of a risk to uprgade Flopps!

the soundcard is a Creative Labs 5.1 u kno the one that everyone owned at some time lol :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
It could be the processor in your sound card is on its way out, just a thought :)

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
It could be the processor in your sound card is on its way out, just a thought :)

thanks

what i will do

1. check bios
2. uninstall and reinstall
3. put in another sound card i got two creative labs sound cards.

hopefully its NOT MY SPEAKERS
otherwise im really devastated

Ask a Question