45 seconds to open a file

L

Lorne

Office 2007:

If I open Excel it starts very quickly (about 1 second).

If I then click on an Excel file it opens very quickly (about 1 second).

BUT if I clcik on an Excel file before opening Excel then the excel frame shows up quickly followed by a long (30-45 seconds) pause before the spreadsheet shows up.

What is going on to cause this? It is not spreadsheet size - I can do this with a 20Kb file with no macros or other complications. happens with xls or xlsx files.

I do load personal.xls with some custom macros which display on the menu as executable buttons but they are loaded when Excel loads (which takes 1 second) so shouldn't be the problem.

C

CTURNER82

We've been having this problem, too. (See below, from 5/29/08.) Any ideas
or help would be appreciated. Thanks! -C

It's been happening in my 2007 version, too. I have to click on the office
button before anything opens. I'd also appreciate any suggestions. (Sorry,
Jambo, to not be any help to you, but you do have my sympathy/support!)

J

jaf

Turn off your anti-virus software and try it again?

John

Office 2007:

BUT if I clcik on an Excel file before opening Excel then the excel frame shows up quickly followed by a long (30-45 seconds) pause before the spreadsheet shows up.

What is going on to cause this? It is not spreadsheet size - I can do this with a 20Kb file with no macros or other complications. happens with xls or xlsx files.

I do load personal.xls with some custom macros which display on the menu as executable buttons but they are loaded when Excel loads (which takes 1 second) so shouldn't be the problem.

L

Lorne

1. It is nothing to do with anti virus - same time regardless of whether the virus software is running.

2. Clicking the office button top left of the Excel Form displays the spreadsheet instantly. Hence I conclude this is a programming error for Microsoft to sort out.

Office 2007:

Ask a Question